Top 12 Neurology Hospitals in BengaluruList of the best neurology hospitals in Bangalore is as follows:
Manipal, HAL Airport Road
Manipal Hospitals are a highly accepted group of medical institutions in the southern part of India. The facility at Bangalore is the flaghsip hospital of the group. The neurosciences department employs the best of surgical talent for dealing with neurological emergencies in patients coming to them. The department has done path-breaking work in the field of neurology since its inception in 1991. The medical personnel in the neurological department have been internationally trained and also have research experience contributing to a successful surgical outcome for patients and their families.
- Hospital accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- Surgeons perform more than 7000 successful neurological procedures per year
- High-end diagnostic and investigative machinery enables the surgeons to go to the root of neurological issues suffered by patients
- Hospital houses highly updated treatment machinery as well making them the first in the country to do so
- Intensive Care Unit which is available 24*7 for dealing with neurological emergencies
- High-end operation theaters aide in conducting complex surgeries for treating diseases of nervous system
- Visiting and in-house neurological consultants have decades of experience in dealing with surgeries and diseases
- Dr. Paritosh Pandey: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Uday Murgod: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Praveen Ganigi: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Ratnavalli Ellajosyla: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. A.K. Roy: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Bopanna K.M: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Murali S: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Manjunath Mahadevappa: Consultant (Neurosciences)
98, HAL Airport road,
Bangalore - 560 017
We have put together a list of the best neurologists in Bangalore for your reference.
Aster CMI, Hebbal
Aster CMI belongs to the Aster DM healthcare chain having its origins in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. The group has started branches in various parts of India as well. Aster CMI, Hebbal is a huge multi-disciplinary hospital inaugurated by Sachin Tendulkar in August 2016. The neurosciences department is one of the first units in Bangalore which has consultants working on a round-the-clock basis. Also, it is one of the few facilities to offer 3-Tesla MRI scan and a Hybrid Cath Lab, that are useful for imaging during surgery.
- For the first time in history of Bangalore, introduced ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theaters
- 500 bedded hospital
- Neuro Catheterization laboratory
- Specialty Clinics in hospital premises for treatment and management of injuries pertaining to skull and facial bones as also pituitary glands and neuro-endocrine tumors
- Round the clock availability of Neurotrauma unit for handling neurological emergencies
- Facilities available for intracranial pressure monitoring, nerve imaging etc.
- Hospital performs complex surgeries for treating benign and malignant tumors in brain, skull and spine
- Diagnostic testing like stereotactic biopsy available
- Microsurgeries available for spinal fusion, excision of spinal tumors, disc replacement etc.
- Dr. Ravi Gopal Varma: Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery & Chief of Neurosciences)
- Dr. Umesh Srikantha: Consultant (Neurosurgery, Head of Spine Services)
- Dr. Santhosh N U: Consultant (Neurosurgery & Endovascular Neurosurgery)
- Dr. Lokesh B: Consultant (Neurology)
- Dr. Anuradha H.K: Consultant (Neurology)
- Dr. Ravi Kumar C P: Consultant (Pediatric Neurology)
- Dr. Raghavendra Pai K: Lead Consultant (Neuro-anesthesia)
Aster CMI Hospital
#43/2, New Airport Road,
NH-7, Sahakara Nagar
Hebbal, Bengaluru 560092
We have compiled a comprehensive list of the best spine surgeons in Bangalore for your reference.
Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta
Founded in 2006, Fortis Bannerghatta is a branch having the correct blend of talented medical personnel and technological intelligence. High quality medical standards and patient-oriented treatment approach are hallmarks of Fortis. The name Fortis commands a certain aura and respect. The hospital has grown and developed because of working on these strong foundations. Technological expertise, talented neurological personnel are the strengths of the neurology unit. The department has earned a commendable reputation due to the surgeons and specialists associated with it.
- Specialists are trained in management of nervous systemic issues like vertigo, headache, neuropathy, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's etc.
- The doctors in the neurology department regularly perform electromyography, nerve conduction studies, Video EEG for diagnostic purposes
- Surgeons stress on mobility of patients and emphasize on medication and therapy rather than surgery
- Treatments available for severe back pain, neuromuscular emergencies, epileptic seizures etc.
- Critical care facility, blood bank, ambulatory facilities for neurological emergencies available on a round-the-clock basis
- Dr. Ashok Singhal: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. Rajakumar V. Deshpande: Director (Neurosurgery)
- Dr. PR. Krishnan: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. S.S. Prahraj: Additional Director (Neurosurgery)
- Dr. Sathish S: Additional Director (Neurosurgery)
- Dr. Chandran Gnanamuthu: Senior Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. G. Anitha: Neuro-oncologist
154/9, Bannerghatta Road,
Opposite IIM-B, Bengaluru 560076
Manipal Northside Hospital, Malleshwaram
Manipal Northside Hospital situated in Malleshwaram is a unit of Manipal Hospitals. Manipal Hospitals are the proud owners of a network of 15 state-of-the-art hospitals all over southern India. The Malleshwaram facility is a 83 bedded center geared with multi-disciplinary treatments and highest quality health-care. The neurological center caters to patients from every corner in the country as well as international soil.
- Advanced treatment infrastructure for dealing with neurological emergencies and disorders
- Department of neurology is considered as the leading neurosciences unit in India
- Specialists serving on-board department of neurology have several years of practice and research experience
- High end diagnostic facilities as well as emergency treatment unit are in place for dealing with neurological emergencies
- Disorders like vertigo, dementia, movement diseases, seizures, stroke, migraine etc. are regularly treated by surgeons and specialists at Manipal Northside
- Dr. Girish Garade: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Dibanath Chakravarty: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Krishna Prasad: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Sharan Srinivasan: Consultant (Neurosciences)
- Dr. Shobha N: Consultant (Neurosciences)
No. 71, 11th Main Road,
Opp Railway Station, Malleswaram,
Malleshwaram West, Bengaluru 560003
Apollo Hospital, Jayanagar
Apollo Hospital Jayanagar is a high-ranking multi-specialty. It provides quality services and treatments to its patients. The neurological department works round-the-clock for tending to patient emergencies as time is a very crucial element in such medical exigencies. The multi-disciplinary approach used by the neurosurgeons for treatments always proves useful in the best prognosis and subsequent treatment of the particular nervous systemic illness in patients.
- Intravenous and intra arterial thrombolysis treatment for treating stroke in patients of every age
- Movement disorders like tremors, dystonia, Parkinson's etc. are treated through multiple sessions of botox injections\
- A highly-equipped electrophysiology laboratory geared with machinery for conducting diagnostic tests such as nerve conduction studies, video EEG monitoring etc.
- The Critical Care Unit works in collaboration with the neurology team
- There is also an advanced Intensive Care Facility that tends to critically ill patients suffering from neurological eventualities like dementia, movement disorders, vertigo, seizures etc.
- Surgeons working in neurology and neurosurgery department have international practice experience
- Dr. Ganesh K. Murthy: Neuro surgeon
- Dr. Krishna K.N: Neuro surgeon
- Dr. Rakesh Jadav: Neurologist
- Dr. Sanjiv C.C: Neurologist
- Dr. Vikram Kamath: Senior Neurologist
- Dr. Suresh Kodapala: Senior Neurologist & Epileptologist
- Dr. Sreekanta Swamy: Neurologist
# 21/2 (Old No.2),
14th Cross, 3rd Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore - 560011 (India)
Hosmat Hospital, Magrath Road
The hospital offers neurosurgery, neurology and spinal surgery care to its patients. Superior diagnostic services coupled with internationally trained medical personnel are the ingredients of the hospital's patient-base. The surgeons in the neurology department have extensive medical practice experience as also significant research contribution to their names.
- 22 bedded neurological Intensive Care Unit
- 2 operation theaters exclusively dedicated for neurological operations
- Image guided surgeries for removal of brain tumors is performed on patients of every age-group
- State-of-the-art Brain Lab Neuronavigation system which is a one of the kind technological equipment in the country as of now which is useful for aiding surgeons during brain surgeries
- Dr. Prakash N C: Consultant Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Bushan Joseph: Consultant Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Yogesh Pithwa : Consultant Spine Surgeon
- Dr. Balaji Pai: Visiting Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Preethi Singh: Consultant Neurologist
#45 Magrath Road,
Off Richmond Road, Bangalore - 560025
Manipal Hospital, Whitefield
The dedication and commitment of each and every member of the staff at Manipal Hospital, Whitefield has manifested into a medical facility which is trusted by many people. With the best of infrastructure and the latest diagnostic technology, the team of doctors and para medical staff have an asset which can be used to effectively diagnose and treat disorders of the brain and spine. Be it terrible headaches or serious epileptic attacks, the doctors at Manipal hospital will give a solution in the interest of your health and happiness.
- 280 bedded medical facility
- Round the clock accident and emergency services
- On call staff available at all times to attend to medical emergencies
- Specialists to attend to the healthcare needs of both children and adults
- MRI, CT scan, CBCT, EEG, Sleep studies, color doppler, ultrasound, NCV studies and many more diagnostic facilities available
- HEPA air filter to keep operation theaters sterilized at all times
- Intensive Care Units equipped with all life saving medicines and tools
- Facilities focusing on preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative aspects of treatment
- Interdisciplinary approach to tackle any issue of the nervous system in a holistic manner.
- Dr. Sibhi Ganapathy, Neuro Surgeon
- Dr. Priyamvadha.K., Neuro Surgeon
- Dr. N. S. Santhosh, Neurologist
143, 212-2015, KR Puram Hobli,
Off Hoodi Village, EPIP Industrial Area,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066
Dr. Malathi Manipal, Jayanagar
Housing one of the best Neurology departments in India, Dr. Malathi Manipal Hospital, Jayanagar is known for its ability to handle a large volume of patients and perform successful surgeries every year.
The Department of Neuro Sciences is highly capable of managing a variety of disorders of the nervous system like dementia, sleep problems, epilepsy, infections, tumors and congenital disorders of the brain and spine.
Treatment here is given in a holistic manner which helps the doctors concentrate on preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative aspects of care.
- Accredited by AAHRPP
- An ISO 9000:2000 certified hospital
- Approved by NABH
- NABL certified pathology labs
- Equipped with state of the art operation theaters and infrastructure
- A variety of imaging and diagnostic facilities like MRI, CT scan. Doppler, ultrasonography, EEG, sleep studies, etc. available
- Round the clock blood bank, pharmacy and emergency services
- Treatments offered here are based on evidence, hence ensuring good clinical outcomes
- A dedicated section for treating neurological problems in kids
- Rehabilitation services to cope up after surgery or trauma.
- Dr. Venugopal, Neurosurgeon
- Dr. S. Praveen Kumar, Neuro Surgeon
- Dr. Sudhindra Aroor, Pediatric Neurologist
45/1, 45th Cross,
Opp Bangalore Central Mall 9th Block,
Columbia Asia Hospital, Hebbal
A 90-bedded multi-specialty that bears close proximity to the Bangalore International airport. The multi-specialty offers highest standards of medical care to its patients. This attracts patients from international realms as well. The neurology department is known for its technical know-how and superior medical personnel it has employed. The team of neurologists has extensive experience of handling neurological infections, neuromuscular emergencies etc.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Health-care Providers (NABH) certified hospital
- Superior diagnostic and imaging facilities for precise prognosis of nervous system and neuromuscular disorders
- Suite of High Dependency Units and Intensive Care facilities for handling neurological disorders and emergency cases
- Deep Brain Stimulation treatment options available for management of Parkinson's
- Thorough after-surgery care for patients undergoing surgeries for nervous system diseases
- Superior technological support such as stereotactic methods, neuro navigation system for treatment of Parkinson's and movement disorders
- Dr. Guruprasad Hosurkrar: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. Anantha G: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. Anil Ramakrishna: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. Raghuram G: Consultant Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Avinash KM: Consultant Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Arjun Srivatsa: Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon
Kirloskar Business Park,
Bellary Road, Hebbal,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560024
Fortis Hospital, Nagarbhavi
Fortis Healthcare Ltd. is a trusted brand and known all over India. Fortis Hospital located in Nagarbhavi is a venture of the same group. It is a modern and well equipped tertiary care center providing highest quality medical care to each patient. The department of neurology is managed by a staff of highly competent doctors, technicians and nurses.
- 70 bedded state-of-art I.P.D
- NABH accredited
- Advanced facilities like EEG, ECT, NCV studies, discogram, carotid ultrasound utilized for proper diagnosis and treatment of various neurological disorders
- Outpatient consultation available for treatment of disorders like migraine, epilepsy, Parkinsonism etc.
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation facilities provided for patients recovering from hemi-paresis, cerebral stroke and other muscle disorders
- Oncosurgeons and neurosurgeons working in co-ordination for treatment of brain cancer
- Inter-department co-ordination between orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons for treatment of spinal disorders
- Dr. Dayanand. K- Neurologist
- Dr. Dibanath Chakraborty- Neurosurgeon
Building No. 119, Survey No. 23,
80 Feet Road, Gurukrupa Layout,
Nagarbhavi 2nd Stage, Bangalore - 560072
Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield
Columbia Asia Whitefield is one of the few units in South India belonging to this health care group. The Whitefield facility houses treatments of various medical disciplines like dental surgery, ophthalmology, rheumatology, neurosurgery, ENT, cardiology, etc. The hospital offers comprehensive neurological care to its patients in terms of diagnostics and management of illnesses related to spine, brain and peripheral nerves.
- Comprehensive treatment techniques for management of neurological conditions
- Laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery techniques are functional for treatment of brain, spinal and nervous system injuries
- Surgeons regularly treat neurological issues in children and infants
- Surgery for treating skull based injuries, tumors inside brain, treatment for leakage of cerebrospinal fluid are carried out on a regular basis
- Dr. Aju Abraham John: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. C Udaya Shankar: Consultant Neurologist
- Dr. Arjun Srivatsa: Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Avinash K M: Consultant Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Tejus MN Rao: Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon & Spine Surgeon
- Dr. Raghuram. G: Consultant Neurosurgeon & Endovascular Neuro Intervention
Survey No. 10P & 12P,
Ramagondanahal, Varthur Kodi,
Whitefield, Bangalore East - 560066
We have composed a list of the best neurosurgeons in Bangalore for your reference.
Fortis Hospital, Cunnigham Road
easily accessible medical facility, Fortis Hospital, Cunningham Road is a place well known for its high quality treatment. It houses many centers of excellence which bear a testimony to its commitment to adhering to specified standards and treatment protocols. The Department of Neurology boasts of a team of talented and skilled doctors always prepared to tackle any sort of emergency with the best of their ability, technology and infrastructure.
- Recipient of NABH Safe – I certificate
- Inpatient housing capacity of 150 beds
- Hospital houses 34 ICU beds including MICU (Medical Care), CCU (Coronary Care) and SICU (Surgical Care)
- Separate High Dependency Units
- 24/7 emergency, pharmacy and blood bank services available
- Ambulance equipped with basic and advanced life support amenities
- On call team of doctors available at all times to promptly manage medical emergencies
- Special facility for rehabilitation of patients post surgery
- Opinions from different specialties taken to manage complicated neurological cases
- State of the art imaging technology like MRI, CT scan, color doppler, ultrasound, digital radiography, etc. to detect the deepest of pathologies
- Treatments offered for various acquired and congenital brain anomalies
- Management of head trauma using the latest state of the art technology
- Dr. Murali Krishna P, Neuro Surgeon
- Dr. Amresh Bhaganagare, Neuro Surgeon
- Dr. Nithin Kumar N, Neurologist
- Dr. Deshpande V Rajakumar, Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Lakshmi Narayanan G., Neurosurgeon
- Dr. Arjun Srivatsa, Spine Surgeon
14, Cunningham Rd,
Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru,