Name: Duricef 250mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Panzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 170.23
Unit Price: Rs. 17.02
Package Price: Rs. 170.23 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Duricef?
Duricef is an antibiotic preparation, designed to fight existing bacterial infection and prevent development of impending bacterial infection. It has to be noted that Duricef does not treat every type of bacterial infection. The tablet should be taken only when advised by a physician.
Composition of Duricef:
Duricef is chemically composed of Cefadroxil. Cefadroxil belongs to the category of Cephalosporins, which are powerful anti-bacterial agents. Along with Cefadroxil, Duricef also contains inactive agents which act a medium through which the therapeutic effect of the drug is exerted. The inactive agents do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Duricef Used for?
Duricef is used to treat many forms of bacterial infections. The following list includes these disorders:
- Bacterial urethritis
- Bacterial cystitis
- Laryngeal infection
- Gastrointestinal infections
- Post-operative infections
Duricef may be helpful in treatment of other disorders apart from the ones mentioned above. It is recommended to take the medicine only after consulting with a physician.
Side Effects of Duricef:
Duricef is a potent anti-bacterial agent and therefore tends to display some side effects at times. Every patient taking the medicine may not experience the effects, but it is always better to be aware. Some commonly observed side effects of Duricef are mentioned below:
- Digestive troubles
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sores or ulcers on the tongue and mouth
- Allergic reaction to the drug that may cause hives, itching, redness and swelling over the skin
If patients experience any of the above mentioned side effects, they should consult with their physician immediately. The dose of medicine could be altered, or the medicine could be stopped by the physician.
Precautions for Duricef Consumption:
Duricef can be consumed only for treatment of certain bacterial infections. Some important things to be remembered by those who require to take Duricef tablet, have been mentioned below:
- Patients who are on a dose of Duricef should refrain from consumption of tobacco or alcohol.
- For best results, the course of Duricef should be completed as per physician's prescription. The medicine should be discontinued only if there are any side effects, or if the physician advises to do so.
- Duricef is known to have an interaction with blood thinning medicines. Therefore, patients who require to take both medicines together, should consult a physician before beginning the course.
- Patients with active kidney disorders or history of kidney dysfunction are monitored very carefully throughout the duration of Duricef consumption. They may require to undergo various blood tests or scans to check for kidney function.
- Vaccines for disorders like typhoid may not work well in combination with Duricef.
Patients should follow all instructions provided by their doctor to enhance the therapeutic effect of Duricef and to avoid any harmful effects of the drug.
Other antibiotics with similar drug composition to Duricef, can be used as its substitute. The names of a few suitable alternatives for Duricef are mentioned below:
- Safedrox Tablet
- Cefadrox Kid Tablet
- Duroxyl Tablet
- Droxycad Tablet
These medicines may be used in place of Duricef, only if the physician advises to do so.
- Is Duricef safe for consumption during pregnancy?
Duricef is not known to cause any harm to pregnant women or their unborn babies. It can be consumed during pregnancy and even by breast feeding women. But the medicine should be taken only with a physician's consent.
- Can children consume Duricef?
Small children below the age of 12 should be given Duricef only as per the prescription provided by a pediatrician. Overdose of Duricef can cause harmful effects on the health of children.
- Why are Duricef alternatives required?
Duricef alternatives may be required if the doctor feels that it is unsuitable to the patient or if the drug has caused some side effects to the patient. However, alternatives to Duricef should be consumed only if the doctor advises to do so.