Name: Fenofibric 105mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 107.00
Unit Price: Rs. 9.79
Package Price: Rs. 97.90 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Fenofibric?
Fenofibric is a medicine which helps in keeping levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in check. The medicine does so by altering the absorption and digestion of body fats.
Composition of Fenofibric:
The inactive ingredient of Fenofibric is Fenofibrate which has capability to lower triglyceride levels. It acts via the medium of other ingredients of the drug which are chemically neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Fenofibric Used For?
The medical indications of Fenofibric are as follows:
- Angina pectoris
All these conditions are associated with elevated levels of blood fats, therefore they respond to treatment by Fenofibric.
Side Effects of Fenofibric:
Every drug is associated with some side effects if it is taken in the wrong manner or without adequate medical indications. Side effects of Fenofibric have been discussed below:
- Abdominal distension
- Altered digestion
- Nausea and vomiting
- Body pain
Apart from these, other side effects could also be associated with usage of Fenofibric. It is imperative that patients contact their doctor if they experience any type of discomfort after consuming Fenofibric.
Precautions for Fenofibric Consumption:
Fenofibric is a medicine used to reduce levels of cholesterol and triglycerides and should be taken only as prescribed by a physician. In order to avoid wrongful consumption of the drug, it is necessary to adhere to the following instructions:
- Fenofibric tablet should only be taken if it has been prescribed by a physician or a cardiologist. The dose of medicine should be maintained only as per the prescription.
- Fenofibric will not act favorably for every patient who has high levels of cholesterol and triglyceride.
- To ensure complete benefit from using Fenofibric tablet, patients should indulge in adequate physical activity and a healthy nutritious diet.
- The ideal time to take Fenofibric tablet is an hour before meals. This allows ample amount of time for the medicine to alter the disturbed fat metabolism.
- It is strictly prohibited to use alcohol or tobacco during the course of treatment with Fenofibric.
- Fenofibric is meant for oral consumption only. It should not be administered in any other way.
These and any other instructions given by the physician regarding usage of Fenofibric tablet should be followed well, in order to avoid unnecessary harmful drug reactions.
Given below is the name of a medicine which has chemical composition and drug action similar to Fenofibric:
Fenocor should not be taken in place of Fenofibric unless a physician or a cardiologist has prescribed it.
- Is Fenofibric safe during pregnancy?
Fenofibric can be taken by pregnant women only if the gynecologist sees it fit. The benefits of taking the medicine should outweigh the risks it may cause to the mother and her unborn child.
- Can Fenofibric be prescribed to treat obesity?
Fenofibric may be helpful in lowering fat levels in obese people, but it will not help in losing weight. Diet, exercise, medicines and surgery may be needed for weight loss and other disorders suffered by obese people.