Name: Lyrica 75mg Capsule
Manufacturer: Pfizer Ltd
MRP: Rs. 842.00
Unit Price: Rs. 60.14
Package Price: Rs. 842.00 (Qty.: 14)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: capsule
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica is a medicine which acts on the nerves and helps in restoring their functional integrity. It has anti-epileptic properties which help in controlling seizures.
Composition of Lyrica:
Each capsule of Lyrica is composed of Pregabalin which acts on the nerves and fixes their calcium metabolism. Pregabalin acts through the medium of inactive ingredients which are also part of the medicine. These inactive ingredients do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Lyrica Used for?
The therapetic indications of Lyrica are as follows:
- Epileptic seizures
- Pain of nervous origin
- Anxiety disorder
Apart from the above mentioned disorders, Lyrica can also be indicated in other health conditions. The medicine should be taken only under the guidance of a neurologist or physician.
Side Effects of Lyrica:
Sometimes, usage of Lyrica could lead to development of some side effects which have been mentioned below:
- Increased desire to sleep
- Feeling of tiredness
- Fatigue at the level of body and mind
- Nausea and Vomiting
If patients experience these or any other side effects of Lyrica, they should stop the medicine immediately. They should also inform their doctor to initiate prompt treatment for the side effects.
Precautions for Lyrica Consumption:
Some important things should be remembered by patients who are taking Lyrica regularly. Following these points helps to avoid harmful drug reactions of Lyrica. Some of the points are mentioned below:
- Alcohol should not be consumed by patients who are taking a course of Lyrica. The drug does not mix well with alcohol and patients may suffer from harmful effects.
- Lyrica tends to induce sleepiness. Therefore, patients should not drive a vehicle after taking a dose of Lyrica.
- Lyrica should not be taken along with sedatives or tranquilizers unless advised by the doctor.
- Children should not be given Lyrica unless the pediatrician has prescribed it.
- Patients who are using Lyrica for epileptic seizures should not discontinue the medicine even after complete recovery. The dosage of medicine should be continued as per a neurologist's advise.
- Patients with liver disorders, cardiac disorders, blood pressure problems, should not use Lyrica without a doctor's prescription.
- Patients suffering from calcium imbalance should inform their doctor before starting a course of Lyrica.
Other drugs which are composed of Pregabalin have similar therapeutic action to Lyrica. They can be used as an alternative to Lyrica, but only on a physician's advise. Some drugs which are suitable alternatives for Lyrica are mentioned below:
- Jublin Capsule
- Zylin Capsule
- Preega Tablet
- Pregalus Tablet
- Which conditions will not respond to Lyrica?
Nerve disorders like diabetic neuropathy, sciatic nerve compression, neuritis of traumatic origin, cannot be treated using Lyrica.
- Is Lyrica safe for pregnant women?
Pregnant women should take Lyrica only after consulting with a gynecologist and a neurologist. The drug could be harmful to the unborn baby as well as the pregnant woman.