Cost of Hip Replacement in Kolkata
The average cost for the entire hip replacement treatment ranges from Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 5,00,000. This depends on the kind of hip replacement surgery, the kind of implant used, and any other factors. There are several other factors that affect this cost such as the city where the treatment takes place, the choice of orthopedic doctor, insurance coverage, etc.
Arthroscopic hip replacement surgery is a minimally invasive treatment that involves the replacement of the hip joint with an artificial implant. There are different pathologies that may necessitate hip replacement treatment. Hip replacement is commonly performed for degenerative bone or joint disorders such as hip osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteornecrosis. It is also performed for natural hip joint degeneration due to aging. Hip replacement doesn’t just relieve the patient’s pain levels, it also improves the range of motion for the joint, making the patient’s life easier overall.
Factors that affect hip replacement cost in Kolkata
This is a gross estimation of the overall cost, and it can vary based on a few factors such as:
- Choice of treatment hospital includes the type of hospital room preferred by the patient, duration of the hospital stay, etc.
- Consultation fee of the surgeon can vary based on the surgeon’s experience and expertise. The more expertise a surgeon has, the better chances he would have of performing the surgery without any complications.
- Type of surgery, i.eWhether the surgery is open or minimally invasive can cause differences in the overall procedure, type of instruments used, recovery period, physiotherapy required, etc.
- Severity of the joint degeneration helps determine the type of surgery, i.e., what kind of surgery and implant the patient needs. Based on this, the surgery can be hip resurfacing, partial hip replacement, or total hip replacement.
- Type of implant used during the surgery can vary greatly depending on the patient’s budget, the type of surgery, etc.
- Cost of anesthesia and other surgical equipment required during the surgery can also greatly affect the cost, especially if there are any complications during the surgery.
- Cost of medications and assistive devices required after the surgery also affect the recovery and overall treatment cost. After hip replacement, the patient needs assistive devices like walkers, braces, medications for pain relief, etc.
- Postoperative physiotherapy and care required after hip replacement surgery can last for 6-8 months, depending on the patient's condition, type of surgery, hip mobility required, etc. Physiotherapy is important after the surgery to ensure the patient is able to adjust to the hip implant. In addition to this, some patients may need attendants after the surgery to help them perform their day-to-day functions.
To know more, you connect with us for detailed information to help you understand the basics of the surgery, provide a cost estimate to you and answer your other questions regarding the procedure.