Diagnostic and pathological laboratories are the places that process tissue samples and thus assist in investigation of diseases. Diseases born out of bacteria and other carrier agents can be studied here. Diagnostic and pathological centers are either independent, stand-alone institutions, or are run by hospital authorities in their own premises. They provide detailed reports, so that presence of specific disease or disorder can be ruled out or confirmed by the doctor. Pathological testing is either ordered when the doctor suspects presence of a certain disease or when the treatment for a certain disease is on-going. It helps the doctor in tracking progress of treatment.
Compiled below is a list of pathological labs and diagnostic centers across Ambala. Details of different tests provided by these labs are given along with their prices.
|Name & Address||Phone|
|Omega Ultrasound and Diagnostic Center|
41, Manauli House, Jail Land Road, Manali House , Ambala - 133006
|0171 255 0573|
|Jain Medical and Diagnostic Centre|
2582/2 Gian Marg Subhash Park Road Near Civil Hospital , Ambala - 133004
|0171 264 4892|
|Jaspal hospital (Ambala)|
69 Model Town , Ambala - 132003
|0171 252 1169, 0171 252 1269|
9, Near Arya Chowk, Police Line Road, Inder Nagar , Ambala - 133006
Inder Nagar , Ambala - 134003
Sector 1 , Ambala - 133006
|0171 255 2322 , 0171 255 3005|
Baldev Nagar , Ambala - 134007
|9215520690, 9215520691, 0171 6450 993|
596 Inder Nagar, Ambala City , Ambala - 134003
|0171 255 1221, 0171 255 4335|
, Ambala - 134003
|0171 253 5201|
|N P Singh Hospital|
Treasury Road , Ambala - 134002
|0171 255 6342, 0171 556 820|
Supply Depot Chowk, Jagadhri Road, Jagadhri Road , Ambala - 133004
Kapoor Hospital, House Number 135/7, Ambala City, , Ambala - 134003
|0171 255 3545, 9215214949|
|Mahaveer Clinical Laboratory|
Near Polytechnic Chowk, Ambala City, , Ambala -
|0171 255 6970, 9416089401|
Jagadhri Gate, Palika Vihar , Ambala - 133006
|0171 244 5751|
Punjabi Mohalla, Sadar Bazar, Ambala Sadar , Ambala - 133001
|0171 263 4799|
|K D Hospital|
jakadri road, Ambala Cantt , Ambala - 133001
|0171 265 1882|
NH 73A, Jagadhari Road, Ambala Cantonment , Ambala - 134003
|0171 265 1688|
|Rajiv Ultrasound Centre|
Punjabi Mohalla, Near M.C.Office, Ambala Cantt , Ambala - 133001
|0171 264 1585|
Jagadhari Gate Clock Tower, TB Hospital Road , Ambala - 134003
|Archana Scan Center (Ambala)|
Police line, Opposite Telephone exchange Arya Chowk, Ambala - 134003
Arya Chowk, Police Line Road , Ambala - 134003
|0171 255 0092|
|P.K.R. Jain Health Care Institute|
Village Nasirpur, Adj P. K. R. Jain Vatika School , Ambala - 134003
|0171 253 2620|
Sample Collection All Over Ambala Area
Diagnostic and pathological laboratories have high-end equipment like microscopes, microplate equipment, incubators, pipettes to name a few. That is a responsible factor for test prices that are different according to different centers. Tests can be a group of assessments offered in a package or they can be done according to prescription of a doctor. Following given is the classification of diagnostic tests and pathological tests:
- MRI Scan: MRI scan is a radiological test applicable for studying disorders of brain, spine, abdomen, breast, arms etc. However, it is not advisable for pregnant women, people who have device implants like pacemakers, defibrillators etc. in their body. MRI scan results provide more detailed information; even better than an X-ray does.
- Ultrasound: Sonogram and ultrasonography are the alternate terms for an ultrasound. It is painless and does not emit any radiation waves as well. They are useful in diagnosing internal organ injuries, blood clots, aneurysms, tumors etc. It is also a useful radiological technique for pregnant women to track the growth of fetus in each trimester.
- CT Scan: A Computerized Tomography is an imaging modality for deep tissue scanning for greater clarity of the issue to the doctor. These scans are done for detecting injuries and abnormalities in head, spine, abdomen and chest. It can also be used for tracking progress of cancer treatments as part of follow-up. It is also used for tracking location of tumor when cancer is in initial stage.
- HSG Scan: HSG Scan is an X-ray test for women suffering from infertility issues. This scan enables a gynecologist or infertility expert to examine the fallopian tubes and investigate the cause behind failure in conception. It is a minimally invasive testing method and has helped many women in successful conception.
- DEXA Scan: DEXA scan or DXA scan involves X-raying of bones; preferably in the hip and spinal areas. It is a diagnostic method for detecting osteoporosis. It is highly effective for people in their 50s and 60s for deducing bone loss and whether osteoporosis could happen to them. This test is extremely useful if you have a family history of fractures. Bone health can be monitored by the operating doctor in event of cancer by way of a DEXA Scan.
As for pathological tests, CBC, Vitamin testing, LFT, KFT, Lipid Profile are few of the minimally invasive ones. All of them require blood testing for sampling and further processing. Few of them also require midnight fasting.