Vaginal Tightening Surgery - Treatment, Procedures Through Laser
Listed below is the step by step procedure of diabetic foot ulcer surgery:
- What is Vaginal Tightening?
- Why is Vaginal Tightening Required?
- Preoperative Preparation
- Day Before Treatment
- Procedure Day
- Method/Technique of Vaginal Tightening
- Post Procedure
- Risks and Complications
What is Vaginal Tightening?
Vaginal tightening is a cosmetic gynecological procedure to tighten the vaginal walls, restore youthfulness, and impart satisfaction. When a female goes through vaginal childbirth, it stretches the muscles, ligaments, and fascia of the pelvic region and the vagina, leading to discomfort and looseness. Advanced vaginal tightening helps vaginal walls regain their elasticity and sensation without any cuts or stitches.
Why is Vaginal Tightening Required?
As female ages and hormonal changes occur, the vagina loses elasticity, and the tissues become fatigued. A loose vagina reduces sexual gratification and may even cause hindrance and stress in a femaleâ€™s sexual life, making them feel conscious, embarrassed, or even frustrated. Though primarily women opt for vaginal tightening for cosmetic reasons, the procedure also helps prevent and cure some conditions. Thus, vaginal tightening is required for the following reasons:
- Tightens the muscles of the birth canal
- Enhances the cosmetic appearance of the vagina
- Improves sexual stimulation in the vaginal region
- Treats vaginal looseness/laxity
- It helps in curing mild cases of pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
- Beneficial in treating stress urinary incontinence (urinary leakage)
Choose the best-suited doctor: Cosmetic surgeons and gynecologists can perform vaginal tightening. However, it is best to first note your health, needs and expectations from the treatment and then choose a doctor to discuss with. Usually, a gynecologist certified and trained to perform the cosmetic vaginal procedure is the best doctor to visit for vaginal tightening. They will also assess you to check if there is a requirement for an additional cosmetic procedure such as vaginal rejuvenation to give your greater satisfaction.
- Discuss Your Medical History: Talk about your previous medical reports and the current medication or supplement prescription, if you are taking any. This helps the doctor in understanding your overall health and accordingly advise the best vaginal tightening technique. Your gynecologist may also ask you to quit smoking and drinking at least 3-4 weeks before the vaginal tightening procedure to promote faster healing. Staying well hydrated helps get the desired results before and after vaginal tightening. Also,Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Track Your Menstrual Cycle: Be mindful and keep track of your menstrual cycle. Doing so will help you plan suitable dates for your vaginal tightening session. Vaginal tightening sessions cannot be performed during or right before a period as it may hinder the best results from showing up.
- Be Aware of Your Rights: An adult female does not need to seek approval from their partner or anyone else to undergo cosmetic treatment. You can submit your consent in written form as a part of formalities before the treatment. Further, it is better to discuss your expectations from the procedure before taking the final decision as it will help prepare your mind.
Day Before Treatment
Make sure that you prepare well for the treatment. Avoid using any harsh or scented soaps in the intimate area to prevent irritation, itching, or infection. Have proper meals and drink plenty of water to boost the rejuvenating abilities of the body. Plan your day of the treatment in detail so that you reach on time for your vaginal tightening procedure.
Wear comfortable clothes for vaginal tightening procedures. Though unnecessary, you can arrange your ride back home after the session. You can also drive independently as you will not be sedated for the procedure. After each session, the doctor instructs you on how to take care to get the best results and when your next vaginal tightening session should be. You can resume daily routine activities as soon as you get free from your doctorâ€™s visit. However, it is advised not to indulge in strenuous physical activities after laser vaginal tightening treatment.
Method/Technique of Vaginal Tightening
Laser Vaginal Tightening
The gynecologist runs a pelvic test before starting the treatment. Laser vaginal tightening is a non-invasive procedure that requires minimal access over the body. The doctor inserts a fractional CO2 laser device/probe, around 4-6 cms, into the vagina. The laser beam enables optimum stimulation of collagen fibers by penetrating about 0.5 millimeters into the vaginal walls. Considering the standard of intimate hygiene, the doctor uses a different laser probe for every female undergoing laser vaginal tightening. The laser procedure does not inflict any. However, the patient may experience some pressure in the vaginal region. One session completes within 10-15 minutes and is performed as an outpatient procedure. Thus, there is no need to take an entire day off or take bed rest after the treatment. The doctor suggests the number of sessions required to witness the best results. Generally, 3-4 sessions are required that are 4-6 weeks apart.
There is no need for downtime after laser vaginal tightening. You can carry on with your regular work life. However, there are a few precautionary measures to observe for a certain period suggested by the doctor:
- Get sufficient rest and sleep as it helps in hastening the muscle and tissue repairing process
- Refrain from indulging in sexual intercourse right after the vaginal tightening procedure. Wait for at least 2-3 days after the procedure before resuming sexual activities.
- Do not insert a tampon in the vagina after at least 2-3 days following the treatmentÂ
- Maintain proper intimate hygiene and do not use anti-bacterial or scented soaps that can affect the vaginal pH and lead.Â
- Use only lukewarm water and mild unscented soap to clean the vulva (the external area) and strictly avoid douchingÂ
- Refrain from hot tubs and swimming pools as these may cause hindrance in getting the best results of vaginal tightening by disturbing vaginal health and delaying complete healing.
Risks and Complications
Vaginal tightening is a simple, safe cosmetic gynecological procedure that skilled professionals only perform. However, there are no significant risks associated with the advanced treatment. However, the patient may experience mild discomfort or continued tingling sensation in the vagina for a few days while healing. Furthermore, if an unskilled and uncertified individual performs the treatment, there are high chances of significant unprecedented risks.
- Scarring or burning of vaginal tissues
- Unusual change in the skin pigmentation of the vulva
- Vaginal infection
- Reduced vaginal sensation
- Uncomfortable sexual intercourse
If Looseness of Vagina is Left Untreated, The Following Conditions May Occur:
- Vaginal Atrophy: Also known as atrophic vaginitis, the condition is marked by inflammation, drying, and thinning of the vaginal walls. The condition mainly occurs in females after menopause when estrogen levels decrease in the body. In most cases of vaginal atrophy, the female experiences painful sex and discomforting urinary leakage problems. The condition involves both urinary and vaginal symptoms, so doctors call it the genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM).
- Recurring Vaginal Infection: Loose and dry vaginas are more prone to catching frequent infections (bacterial or fungal). Slight friction and sweating in the intimate area can irritate the skin of the vulvovaginal region and may even cause inflammation which is highly discomforting.
- Urinary Incontinence: Vaginal childbirth can weaken the muscles, connective tissues, and nerves connected to the bladder. Sometimes, in such a condition, especially in the cases of multiple vaginal deliveries, the pelvic floor drops (prolapsed pelvic floors) push down other organs and result in urinary incontinence or leakage.Â
- Uterine Prolapse: In this condition, the tissues and muscles around the uterus (pelvic floor muscles) become weak, which causes the uterus to sag into or out of the vagina. Uterine prolapse occurs in women after menopause. Also, in women with loose and dry vaginas, the dropped uterus will likely come out of the vagina.
More information related to Vaginal Tightening Surgery
Vaginal Tightening Laser Treatment Cost in India