The tissues found inside bones are known as bone marrow. White blood cells (WBC), Red Blood Cells(RBC) and platelets are produced by cells present in bone marrow which are extremely instrumental for smooth functioning of body. Likewise, biopsy for the bone marrow is done for identifying diseases or infections in your bone marrow.
Diseases of bone marrow can cause long-term health concerns. A low red blood cells count, leukopenia, leukemia, iron build up in the blood are few disorders affecting one's bone marrow. So a bone marrow biopsy is a must for judging if the patient has any underlying symptoms of bone marrow malfunctioning or problems. Biopsy is done under a local anesthetic, post which a needle is passed through your rear hipbone for extracting a cylinder shaped sample of bone marrow.
We have Biopsy price information in 32 cities.
|City||Average Price||Starting Price||Price Upto|
|Amritsar||Rs. 883.00||Rs. 150.00||Rs. 1500.00|
|Bangalore||Rs. 1659.00||Rs. 500.00||Rs. 8000.00|
|Bhubaneswar||Rs. 691.00||Rs. 400.00||Rs. 1000.00|
|Chennai||Rs. 1233.00||Rs. 500.00||Rs. 5000.00|
|Cuttack||Rs. 550.00||Rs. 400.00||Rs. 700.00|
|Guwahati||Rs. 1767.00||Rs. 1000.00||Rs. 2800.00|
|Gwalior||Rs. 1058.00||Rs. 600.00||Rs. 2000.00|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 1378.00||Rs. 440.00||Rs. 2500.00|
|Kolkata||Rs. 1706.00||Rs. 200.00||Rs. 6040.00|
|Kurnool||Rs. 438.00||Rs. 300.00||Rs. 600.00|
|Lucknow||Rs. 1045.00||Rs. 600.00||Rs. 1650.00|
|Mumbai||Rs. 1959.00||Rs. 900.00||Rs. 4200.00|
|Nalgonda||Rs. 500.00||Rs. 250.00||Rs. 900.00|
|Delhi||Rs. 1399.00||Rs. 300.00||Rs. 5250.00|
|Pune||Rs. 2359.00||Rs. 550.00||Rs. 4730.00|
|Raipur||Rs. 4750.00||Rs. 3000.00||Rs. 6500.00|
|Tirupati||Rs. 765.00||Rs. 300.00||Rs. 1400.00|
Biopsies are done for identification of diseases in different body parts through tissue samples. Few of them are as follows:
- Liver Biopsy- Unexplained enlargement of liver, jaundice or abnormal liver test results prompts liver specialists to order biopsy of liver
- Kidney Biopsy- Also known as percutaneous kidney biopsy, it is done to identify kidney tumors or causes behind dysfunctional kidneys
- Skin biopsy- Usually done for identifying skin cancer, skin diseases, bacterial or fungal infections
- Endometrial biopsy- Endometrial Biopsy is biopsy of uteral lining. It explains causes of uterus cancer or irregular and prolonged uterine bleeding. An Endometrial Biopsy is also helpful for detecting menstrual cycle changes.
- Lung Biopsy- Lung biopsy extracts small parts of lungs for finding out whether the person is suffering from any minor lung disease or something as serious as lung cancer. This is done through ultrasound or bronchoscopy.