- Biopsy Cost
Biopsy Cost in Various Indian Cities
The tissues found inside bones are known as bone marrow. White blood cells (WBC), Red Blood Cells(RBC) and platelets are produced by cells present in bone marrow which are extremely instrumental for smooth functioning of body. Likewise, biopsy for the bone marrow is done for identifying diseases or infections in your bone marrow.
Diseases of bone marrow can cause long-term health concerns. A low red blood cells count, leukopenia, leukemia, iron build up in the blood are few disorders affecting one's bone marrow. So a bone marrow biopsy is a must for judging if the patient has any underlying symptoms of bone marrow malfunctioning or problems. Biopsy is done under a local anesthetic, post which a needle is passed through your rear hipbone for extracting a cylinder shaped sample of bone marrow.
We have Biopsy price information in 27
|City||Average Price||Starting Price||Price Upto|
|Amritsar||Rs. 883.00||Rs. 150.00||Rs. 1500.00|
|Bangalore||Rs. 1702.00||Rs. 500.00||Rs. 8000.00|
|Bhubaneswar||Rs. 691.00||Rs. 400.00||Rs. 1000.00|
|Chennai||Rs. 1209.00||Rs. 500.00||Rs. 5000.00|
|Cuttack||Rs. 550.00||Rs. 400.00||Rs. 700.00|
|Gwalior||Rs. 1058.00||Rs. 600.00||Rs. 2000.00|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 1281.00||Rs. 440.00||Rs. 2500.00|
|Kolkata||Rs. 1706.00||Rs. 200.00||Rs. 6040.00|
|Mumbai||Rs. 2637.00||Rs. 800.00||Rs. 11000.00|
|Nalgonda||Rs. 500.00||Rs. 250.00||Rs. 900.00|
|Delhi||Rs. 1453.00||Rs. 300.00||Rs. 5250.00|
|Pune||Rs. 2462.00||Rs. 550.00||Rs. 5500.00|
|Tirupati||Rs. 765.00||Rs. 300.00||Rs. 1400.00|
Biopsies are done for identification of diseases in different body parts through tissue samples. Few of them are as follows:
- Liver Biopsy- Unexplained enlargement of liver, jaundice or abnormal liver test results prompts liver specialists to order biopsy of liver
- Kidney Biopsy- Also known as percutaneous kidney biopsy, it is done to identify kidney tumors or causes behind dysfunctional kidneys
- Skin biopsy- Usually done for identifying skin cancer, skin diseases, bacterial or fungal infections
- Endometrial biopsy- Endometrial Biopsy is biopsy of uteral lining. It explains causes of uterus cancer or irregular and prolonged uterine bleeding. An Endometrial Biopsy is also helpful for detecting menstrual cycle changes.
- Lung Biopsy- Lung biopsy extracts small parts of lungs for finding out whether the person is suffering from any minor lung disease or something as serious as lung cancer. This is done through ultrasound or bronchoscopy.
Q: What is biopsy?
A: Biopsy is a type of diagnostic test performed by obtaining a part or whole of body tissue which needs to be subjected to a pathological examination.
Q: How is biopsy performed?
A: Biopsy involves surgical measures to extract tissue from the patient's body. A needle is inserted into the tissue under guidance of MRI or CT scan. Sometimes the entire tissue is removed from patient's body using surgical measures.
Q: Which disorders can be diagnosed by performing biopsy?
A: Disorders like cancer, thalassemia, hereditary blood disorders, liver cyst, glandular dysfunction and several autoimmune disorders can be diagnosed by performing biopsy.
Q: Which body tissues can be subjected to biopsy?
A: Bone marrow, breast tissue, liver, kidney, spleen, brain, glandular tissue are some of the body organs that are most commonly subjected to biopsy.
Q: What are the different types of biopsies?
A: Depending on the amount of tissue extracted and method of extraction, biopsies are classified as excisional or incisional biopsy. The entire tissue is surgically removed from patient's body during excisional biopsy. Incisional biopsy involves aspiration of only some part of the tissue which is to be examined.
Executive Health Checkup : Blog