ACL reconstruction surgery cost in Pune
The average cost of ACL surgery in Pune ranges from Rs.Rs. 80,000 to Rs. Rs. 1,70,000, depending on a variety of factors as described below. If you have recently incurred a knee ligament injury, you can connect with us for a better cost estimate.
Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction is a minimally invasive surgery that is performed to treat ACL tears by replacing the torn ligament with a tendon graft. Arthroscopic surgeries involve a smaller incision as compared to open surgeries, so they help the patient heal faster. They also have fewer chances of developing postoperative complications.
Mild to moderate ACL tears can heal with proper rest, care, and physiotherapy, but a completely torn ACL cannot heal on its own without surgical intervention, so surgery becomes medically necessary. In severe cases, if the patient has a torn meniscus, the surgeon can perform a meniscus surgery simultaneously to recover complete joint movement for the patient.
Factors that affect the cost of ACL surgery in Pune
Knee arthroscopy, i.e., Arthroscopic ACL surgery, can be a little expensive. If you are considering getting the surgery, there are certain factors that you should consider while calculating the cost of the entire treatment.
- The first thing to consider is your choice of the hospital where you will get the treatment. Tier 1 hospitals are generally costlier than Tier 2 and 3 hospitals, with almost no difference in services. The cost of hospitalization includes the hospital room rent, operation theater rent, cost of medications, surgical devices, anesthesia and anesthesiologist fees, etc.
- Along with the choice of hospital, the choice of orthopedic surgeon is also important. An experienced surgeon may charge a slightly higher fee but will provide a much more successful surgery overall. Other than this, the cost also depends on the severity of the injury, which impacts the type of surgery and graft preferred by the surgeon, and whether the patient needs an additional surgery.
- The choice of graft also depends on the patient’s age, health condition and requirement of joint motion. For athletes, usually, hamstring grafts are used while cadaver grafts are preferred for older patients.
- Once the surgery is done, patients need proper care and physiotherapy to restore joint function and range of motion. Most people need around 3-6 months of physiotherapy, but athletes need at least 8-9 months of physical therapy to prevent recurrence of the injury. As long as the patient follows proper rehabilitation and does not encounter any knee trauma again, the chances of recurrence of an ACL injury are very low.
- ACL reconstruction surgery is generally covered by most major insurance policies. However, the extent of the coverage depends on each policy individually. If you are unsure about the extent of your surgical coverage, you should get in touch with your insurance provider for further clarification.
If you are considering getting ACL reconstruction surgery, you can get in touch with us by calling the given number or leaving your details in the form to get a better estimate of the cost of your surgery.