Adenoidectomy cost in India
The cost of adenoidectomy in India ranges from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 60,0000, depending on various factors listed below in this page. However, the given cost is a little arbitrary and may vary if there are any complications, or if the patient needs additional procedures such as tonsillectomy, FESS, myringotomy, grommet insertion, etc. for recovery.
An adenoidectomy is a surgical procedure for the removal of adenoids performed if they are swollen or enlarged due to an infection, allergies, or some other reason. Adenoids are lymphatic tissues, and an important part of a child’s immune system. Adenoid tissues help protect against infections and allergies, especially in children.
The function of the adenoids is reduced and they gradually start degenerating as the child grows and his immune system develops. By the time he becomes a teenager, his adenoids will have reduced quite a bit in size. However, if the residual adenoids get infected, they can be quite painful. They can also lead to further problems like tonsillitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, bronchitis, ear infections (otitis), etc. if not treated promptly.
What is the cost of different diagnostic tests for adenoiditis in India?
Following is an estimated cost of different diagnostic tests done before adenoidectomy -
||Starts from Rs. 250
||Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2000
Factors that affect the cost of adenoidectomy in India
Adenoidectomy is generally performed in children or in patients with a severe adenoid infection. If you are considering getting adenoid removal surgery, you should consider the following factors while calculating the cost of the surgery:
- Choice of treatment city and hospital- Adenoidectomy surgery may be slightly more expensive in a metro city than in a non-metro city. Similarly, hospitalization cost is different based on the type of hospital and the hospital room. While the procedure can be done outpatient, in severe cases, the patient may be admitted to the hospital.
- Consultation fee of the ENT surgeon- The surgeon's consultation and surgical fees are determined by their level of expertise and experience. An experienced surgeon has a better chance of completing the treatment without complications.
- Cost of diagnostic test- Before the adenoidectomy procedure, proper diagnostic tests such as endoscopy, tissue swab, and imaging tests are required to form an accurate diagnostic plan. Generally, the cost of diagnostic tests before the surgery ranges from Rs. 4000 to Rs. 7000.
- Additional surgical procedures required with adenoidectomy- Based on the patient’s symptoms, the patient may require additional surgeries such as tonsillectomy, FESS, myringotomy, etc., which will impact the cost of the entire treatment, including diagnosis and recovery.
- Cost of medications and postoperative care required- Although adenoidectomy is a safe procedure, in rare cases there may be postoperative complications such as pain, nausea, airway obstruction, bleeding, etc. Proper post-operative care is essential to avoid such complications.
- Type of treatment- The overall cost of adenoidectomy treatment is also determined by the type of surgery performed. In general, the surgical technique is chosen based on the severity of the condition, the patient's age and health condition, the surgeon's and the patient's preferences, etc.
- Insurance coverage- Yes, adenoid removal surgery is generally covered under insurance as delaying adenoidectomy can cause chest and ear infections, sinusitis, etc., which can impact the quality of life negatively and lead to further health problems.
If you have severe adenoid infection and need treatment, you can get in touch with us to get an accurate estimate of your surgery cost.