Bartholin Cyst Treatment Cost in Chandigarh
The cost of Bartholin cyst surgery in Chandigarh may range from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000. The cost, however, is not definite and is subject to change based on multiple factors. The common factors that influence the cost of Bartholin cyst surgery in Chandigarh are discussed below in the blog. But before that, understanding a little more about Bartholin's cyst can help you make a better and more informed decision. Bartholin glands are small cysts that form inside the opening of the vagina. Bartholin cysts are rarely serious, but when the cysts get infected, they can cause pain and discomfort.
The primary cause of the Bartholin cyst is the accumulation or backup of fluid in the glands. Additionally, injury, irritation, or growth of extra skin in the vulvar area of the vagina or sexually transmitted infections or bacterial infections can also cause a Bartholin cyst.
At least 2 percent of women suffer from Bartholin cysts at some other point in their life. The condition is more common during women's reproductive age. Although the condition is not fatal, timely treatment is necessary. Failure of timely treatment may cause the cyst to grow and the infection to spread to the surrounding organs.
Although home remedies such as sitz baths and medicines can help manage the condition, surgery is considered to be the most viable treatment that gives the most effective results. The surgical treatment of Bartholin cyst removal involves either surgical drainage or marsupialization.
Factors affecting the cost of Bartholin cyst surgery in Chandigarh
There are various factors that influence the Bartholin cyst surgery cost in Chandigarh. The final average cost of Bartholin cyst surgery in Chandigarh is calculated after considering the following factors-
- Experience of the surgeon- The surgeon’s fee usually depends on the surgeon's experience and expertise and the surgery's success rate. Charges of experienced surgeons are high, while less experienced surgeons charge low.
- Cost of diagnostic tests before surgery- To check the severity of the condition, doctors suggest a few diagnostic tests before surgery. The doctor may also check the patient's medical history to understand the condition better. Charges of these diagnostic tests affect the overall cost of surgery.
- Post-surgery consultation- Post-surgery consultations are important in the surgical treatment of Bartholin cyst to understand the efficacy of surgery and to check for post-surgery complications, if any. In some cases, doctors might suggest some medication after the surgery, depending on the condition of the patient and the recovery rate. Although post-surgery complications are very rare, still in some cases, there are chances of heavy bleeding and infection of the wound. The cost of follow-up might affect the overall expense of the surgery.
- Method of surgery- The method of surgery plays a significant role in determining the cost of surgery. There are generally 3 methods by which surgery is performed to treat Bartholin's cyst, depending upon the severity and size of the cyst. The average cost of Bartholin cyst surgery treatment in Chandigarh typically ranges from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000.
- Cost of pre and post-surgery medication- Doctors prescribe a few medications, such as naproxen, and ibuprofen, before performing Bartholin cyst surgery to ease the pain and discomfort. However, the cost of these medications can change the entire cost of Bartholin cyst surgery.