Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also known as prostate enlargement or an enlarged prostate refers to the abnormal growth of the tissues surrounding the prostate. It generally leads to urinary issues in men who are over 60 years. Medical studies suggest that high levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is found mostly in men older than 50 years supports prostate development. Other reasons for BPH can be lifestyle, eating disorders, obesity, heredity, etc.
What is the average cost range for BPH surgery?
The most common and effective treatments for BPH are TURP surgery and HoLEP surgery. The cost of these BPH surgeries ranges around:
||Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 1,00,000
||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 1,50,000
What are the factors that affect the prostate surgery cost in India?
Prostate enlargement surgery cost in India depends on a number of factors. Each of these factors together can contribute to the rise or cut down of prostate removal surgery cost in India. Here are a few factors that may influence the prostate surgery cost in India:
- The technology used for the surgery - In simpler terms, indicates the method of the surgery. The technology used for the surgery is the most important deciding factor for the cost of BPH surgery. The total cost of BPH surgery will vary depending upon the fact whether you are undergoing a laser-assisted surgery or a minimally invasive surgical technique.
- Severity of the symptoms - If the condition of the enlarged prostate is grave, it is highly likely that the surgery cost will be higher. If the condition is detected at a nascent stage, the surgery may not incur too much cost at your end.
- Post-operative care required after enlargement surgery - The expenses of a prostate treatment does not limit to just the operation. It goes beyond the surgery and includes all the expenses during the post surgery phase too.
- Type of hospital selected for BPH surgery - The hospital where you undergo your prostate removal surgery will make a lot of difference in the total cost of BPH surgery. Simply put, a government hospital will charge much less than a private healthcare center for prostate enlargement surgery.
- The treatment method - There are two significant surgery techniques for prostate enlargement - HoLEP and TURP. The HoLEP method is comparatively advanced than TURP. Hence, the cost of HoLEP surgery for BPH is more than TURP surgery cost.
Enlarged Prostate is a common health condition and its treatment in India can be availed at any major multi-specialty or urology hospital. Treatment for prostate enlargement falls under the urology specialty. Many patients from different countries seek prostate enlargement treatment in India because it is affordable yet effective.