Thanks to modern techniques and affordable medical care in India, women can get this surgery done at a reasonable price. Read here to understand the factors that impact breast implant surgery cost.
What are the factors that determine breast implant surgery cost in India?
As mentioned above, breast implant surgery in India is quite affordable. The price varies based on many factors. And since as a breast implant is a cosmetic surgery, health insurance does not cannot cover the cost. Thus, you’ll have to bear the expense from your own pocket.
Here are the factors that are considered while calculating the cost of breast implant surgery-
- Type of Implant- The first thing that affects breast implant surgery is the type of implant chosen by the patient. Usually, there are two types of implants, saline, and silicone. Moreover, these implants are further categorized based on their composition, texture, shape, and size. It means if you are getting a bigger implant with superior quality, the cost of surgery will increase.
- Technique Used- There are two different approaches to inserting the breast implant- axillary or inframammary. Furthermore, implant placement can be done either in the submuscular or subglandular planes. The cost may increase or decrease depending on where and how the implant is inserted.
- Choice of Hospital- The choice of hospital, super-specialty, or multi-specialty will make a huge difference in the overall cost of breast implant surgery. Medical care usually costs higher in super-specialty hospitals. Besides this, the city where you are getting the treatment also impacts the final cost. The cost is usually higher in metro cities.
- Hospitalization Expense- During the hospitalization, the patient has to bear the expense of admission, discharge, room rent, bed charges, OT charges, ICU charges, nursing fees, and other medical consumables. Even this expense varies from one treatment center to another.
- Surgeon’s Fee- A plastic surgeon with 10+ years of experience is likely to charge more than a surgeon with 5 years of experience. This is because a highly experienced surgeon is likely to have more expertise in the procedure. The patients have to bear the anesthetist’s fee along with the surgeon.
Other than the factors mentioned above, some other expenses will also add up to the treatment cost, such as pre and post-surgery medications, diagnostic tests, follow-up consultations, post-op care, compression garments, etc.
If breast implant surgery is performed in combination with other cosmetic procedures, such as breast lifts, the treatment cost is likely to increase.