Circumcision Surgery Cost in Guwahati
The cost of circumcision in Guwahati typically ranges from Rs. 22,000 to Rs. 26,000. However, this depends on the reason for circumcision and the medical condition of the patient.
Circumcision is a surgical removal of foreskin from a penis. This surgery is either done for religious or cultural reasons or as treatment for medical conditions such as balanitis, balanoposthitis, phimosis, paraphimosis.
Circumcision has several benefits including lower risk of urinary tract infections. Circumcision makes it easier for a man to maintain his penile hygiene and cuts down his risks of contracting any urinary tract infections or sexually transmitted infections. Circumcision surgery helps a man prevent penile problems and also decreases his sexual partner's risk of gettinng any genital infections.
Circumcision is performed by three methods - Open circumcision, stapler circumcision and laser circumcision. The cost of each surgery varies based on the need of the surgery, the medical equipment used and the underlying condition of the person’s health, if any.
Factors That Decide The of Cost of Circumcision Surgery in Guwahati
The cost of circumcision surgery depends on various factors that are listed below.
- Consultation fees of Urologist: The consultation fee usually depends on the expertise and the experience of the surgeon. An experienced urologist with an excellent track record of performing circumcision surgeries with a high success rate, may charge a higher consultation fee. New doctors with lesser experience in performing circumcision surgery may charge a comparatively lower consultation fees. Patients are advised to consult a doctor who is highly experienced and expert in performing the circumcision surgery, to avoid any complications. Although the complications and the type of surgery can also influence the cost of surgery.
- Selection of hospital: While selecting hospitals, patients prefer a well known hospital with an excellent history of successful circumcision surgeries. Each hospital has its own cost structure depending upon the facilities and services they provide throughout the treatment. Typically, private healthcare institutions charge more than any government hospitals. There are very rare chances that a patient shall be required to get admitted at a hospital after circumcision. A surgeon may ask you to stay at the hospital after circumcision to monitor your immediate recovery.
- Cost of diagnostic tests before surgery: Circumcision surgery does not require any major tests. In most cases doctors suggest collecting a swab sample of your foreskin to understand the severity of it and ask about your medical reports. Sometimes doctors suggest blood tests just to have an idea of a patient's condition and ensure that the patient is physically fit to undergo surgery.
- Cost of anesthesiologist: Circumcision surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The patient is administered with local anesthesia so that the patient does not feel any pain while the surgery is being performed. The cost of anesthesia and anesthesiologist adds up to the total cost of treatment.
- Charges of post surgery follow-up session: After circumcision surgery, the doctor is likely to prescribe a few medications and routine checkups. Consultation with a doctor is important to decrease any major discomfort after the surgery and ensure a smooth recovery. Cost of follow up sessions with a urologist depends on the number of follow up sessions taken by the patients, although it also depends on the type of surgery and complications after the surgery. In some cases, post surgery consultation is not required while in case of any discomfort, few follow ups are required after the surgery.