The average cost of a hair transplant surgery in Pune can start from Rs. 40,000 and go as high as Rs. 3,00,000. The exact cost however, is a lot more difficult to determine as it often depends on the amount of grafts required to cover balding spots completely and get your desired appearance. If you need a higher number of grafts, it is likely that the exact cost will also be higher.
Hair transplant is the procedure of extracting healthy hair follicles from a dense part of your body, typically the back and side of your head, and implanting them in areas with limited or absent hair growth.
Methods of Hair Transplant and their Costs
There are primarily 2 methods which are most commonly used for a hair transplant surgery:
- FUE hair transplant: Follicular Unit Extraction, often referred to as FUE, is a commonly used procedure in which individual follicular units are extracted from the scalp and implanted at the transplant site. FUE is a more advanced procedure for hair transplant as compared to FUT and is minimally invasive in nature. While there is some scarring, it becomes almost unnoticeable once follicles start to set and follow a normal hair growth cycle. As previously mentioned, the exact cost of FUE hair transplant in Pune will depend on the amount of grafts you require to get your desired look but some other factors such as choice of clinic, method of transplant and preoperative tests and diagnostics can also cause the exact cost to vary. The average cost of a FUE hair transplant procedure however, ranges from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 2,80,000.
- FUT hair transplant: Follicular Unit Transplantation or FUT is another method of hair transplant in which a small strip of skin from your scalp is cut and from it, healthy hair follicles are extracted and prepared into grafts. These grafts are then inserted into tiny incisions made at the transplant area. Similar to FUE hair transplant, there is very minimal scarring at the transplant area but once the hair follicles start to set and grow, it becomes almost unnoticeable. The exact cost of an FUT hair transplant can range from Rs. 42,000 to Rs. 3,00,000. but depending upon the number of grafts you require, choice of clinic, city you are in and method of transplant, the exact cost may vary.
Factors that affect cost of Hair Transplant Surgery in Pune
The exact cost of a hair transplant surgery in Pune is hard to pinpoint as it depends on multiple factors. Some of the most common factors are:
- Number of grafts required: The exact cost of your hair transplant surgery depends on the number of grafts you require to get your desired appearance. The more grafts you require, the more likely it is for the exact cost to increase.
- Doctor’s experience: A highly experienced surgeon is likely to charge more as compared to a less experienced surgeon.
- Method of hair transplant: An FUE hair transplant is a more modern and advanced method of hair transplant as compared to FUT. Not only is it minimally invasive but also leaves minimal scars. Hence, it costs more as compared to the FUT method of hair transplant.
- City you undergo surgery: Your location is one of the most common factors that may affect the exact cost of your hair transplant surgery. Surgeries of any kind in metropolitan cities across India generally cost more as compared to non-metro cities or towns.
- Preoperative tests and diagnostics: Before surgery, your doctor may perform a series of tests and diagnostics to minimise chances of any unforeseen complications either during or after surgery.
Get in touch with a certified plastic surgeon and have a detailed discussion about hair transplant cost and procedures and their costs. Book an appointment for free and learn more about the specifics of hair transplant surgery