Average cost of IVF treatment in Lucknow
The average cost of an IVF treatment in Lucknow can range from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 2,00,000. It is to be kept in mind however, that the final cost will likely differ from the average cost as it depends on multiple factors such as preoperative tests and diagnostics, method of treatment, number of cycles you require for successful conception and choice of clinic.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilisation is an effective type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) that is commonly used by fertility specialists to treat infertility. In an IVF procedure, a man’s sperm and a woman’s eggs are combined outside of the body in a laboratory.
Methods of IVF and their cost
There are primarily 2 methods of an IVF treatment.
- Conventional insemination: A conventional insemination procedure is one of the most commonly used methods of fertility treatment. In this procedure, mature eggs are collected from a woman’s ovaries and fertilised with concentrated and washed sperm in a laboratory dish to form embryos. These embryos are then grown in a lab for several days after which they can either be placed in a woman’s uterus or preserved for future use. The entire procedure takes about 2-3 weeks to complete and while you may feel some discomfort during the procedure, anaesthesia is not generally required. Your doctor however, may use local anaesthesia for sedation during the egg retrieval procedure. The exact cost of a conventional insemination procedure is likely to vary as it depends on multiple factors but the average cost typically ranges from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 1,80,000.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection: Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI is a more advanced form of IVF as compared to conventional insemination and is often recommended to couples who struggle with male infertility. In an ICSI procedure, a tiny needle, called a pipette, is used to inject a single healthy sperm cell directly into the centre of a mature egg. Similar to the conventional procedure, the fertilised egg, now referred to as an embryo, is allowed to grow in a lab for 5-6 days after which it can either be preserved for future use or placed in a woman’s uterus. The average cost of an ICSI procedure in Lucknow can range from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 however, the exact cost is likely to differ as it depends on a multitude of factors.
Factors that affect cost of IVF treatment in Kolkata
- Consultation charges: IVF is a very complex procedure that takes place over the period of 2-3 weeks and you may be required to consult your fertility specialist multiple times in that time period. On the basis of number of consultations required and your fertility specialists expertise, the consultation charges may also vary. We have a list of the best fertility specialists in Kolkata.
- Number of cycles required: It is to be kept in mind that IVF success rates depend on some factors such as your age and medical history. While it is possible to conceive on the first cycle of IVF, it is not uncommon for couples to undergo a second or sometimes even a third cycle of IVF until they conceive. The number of cycles you require for a successful conception may present a difference in the exact cost of IVF treatment.
- Use of donor sperm: In some cases, sperm cells may not be healthy enough to fertilise an egg. In such cases, your doctor may recommend opting for donor sperm. Hence, use of donor sperm can also be a major factor in determining the exact cost of IVF treatment.
- Choice of clinic: The clinic of your choice and the amenities it provides is most likely to affect the final cost of your IVF treatment. We have compiled a list of the best IVF treatment centres in Kolkata.
- Preoperative tests and diagnostics: Before the procedure, your fertility specialist may perform a series of general diagnostics such as blood and hormone tests to determine if you are a healthy candidate to consider an IVF treatment. The cost of these tests may affect the final cost of the procedure.
Get in touch with our certified fertility specialists and have a detailed discussion regarding IVF procedure and its cost. Book an appointment for free and learn more about the specifics of IVF.