Knee replacement surgery cost in Pune ranges from Rs. 65,000 to Rs. 3,70,000 depending on various conditions like choice of implant, type of surgery, patient’s age and health condition, surgeon’s fees and experience, etc.
The surgery is performed for patients who have lost complete joint mobility and have become bedriden due to severe joint degeneration.
Indications of knee replacement
You should consult an orthopedist for knee replacement surgery if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- You are not getting adequate pain relief from anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medications
- You have tried conservative treatments like steroid injections, physical therapy, etc., in the past without successful outcomes
- You can’t perform even simple everyday tasks like getting out of bed, climbing stairs, etc.
- Your knee is visibly deformed,
- Your knee joint is stiff, with a limited range of motion and popping sounds while moving.
Factors that affect knee replacement surgery cost in Pune
If you are considering getting knee transplant surgery, you should consider the following factors that affect the knee replacement cost in Pune:
- Choice of treatment hospital and hospital room
- Surgeon's experience and fees
- Type of surgery
- Diagnostic tests required
- Type of knee implant
- Postoperative care required
- Patient’s health condition and age
- Insurance coverage
There are various aspects in which these factors affect the cost of knee replacement. The choice of hospital determines the cost of room rent, operation theater rent, cost of surgical equipment, etc. Similarly, the type of surgery and implant are determined on the basis of diagnostic results, as per the severity of the condition and the patient’s age and health condition.
If you want a more accurate estimate of knee replacement surgery for you, you can call us on the given number for further details.
What are the benefits of knee replacement surgery?
Many patients hesitate before getting knee replacement as it can be a costly treatment, especially for patients without health insurance. However, it is very cost-effective, especially for patients in the age bracket of 50-70 years old, who have severe knee arthritis. For most patients, as long as they take proper physiotherapy and follow their doctor’s instructions, their implants last at least 15-20 years without any damage.
Other benefits of knee replacement surgery are:
- Povides long-term pain relief without relying on opioids and other pain medication in the long term.
- Improves the patient’s mobility and quality of life by enabling movements like walking, running, climbing stairs, etc.
- Prevents further health issues like obesity, diabetes, etc., that result from a sedentary lifestyle due to knee pain.
- Has a higher success rate (82-95%) in resolving knee pain and arthritis, as compared to conservative alternatives like physiotherapy.
Is knee replacement covered under insurance?
Yes, since the surgery is only performed for patients with severe joint degeneration, most insurance providers cover knee replacement surgery. However, the extent of coverage differs based on the policy. Some policies only cover the surgery, while others cover post surgery care and physiotherapy as well. If you are unsure about the exact coverage of your insurance policy, you should consult your insurance provider before getting the surgery.