The placement of dental implant is a surgical procedure which/that is carried out on people who have one or more missing tooth/teeth. It involves placing a screw like structure inside your jaw bones where tooth is absent.
For the procedure to take place, you need to have sufficient amount of bone in your jaws along with healthy neighboring teeth and strong gums to hold the implant.Here is a list of Dental / Tooth Implant Costs in various cities of India.
|City||Average Price||Price Range
|Bangalore||Rs. 38750||Rs. 4000 - 97000|
|Chennai||Rs. 35974||Rs. 15000 - 61700|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 103444||Rs. 18000 - 650000|
|Kolkata||Rs. 23675||Rs. 17500 - 36600|
|Mumbai||Rs. 27321||Rs. 11000 - 60000|
|New Delhi||Rs. 33550||Rs. 20000 - 60000|
|Noida||Rs. 26667||Rs. 20000 - 30000|
|Pune||Rs. 29160||Rs. 15000 - 45000|
This procedure is not very complex and can be compared to normal dental extractions. It involves number of comprehensive examinations and consultations before your dentist starts with the treatment.
- At the first visit, your dentist will take number of X rays and CT scans of your mouth to know the condition of your jaw bone, neighboring teeth and tissues
- If the bone is sufficient to hold implants, the procedure can start at the earliest convenience.However, if the jaw appears to be deficient in healthy bones, bone grafting needs to be carried out prior to implant surgery.
- The implant that is mostly made of titanium is surgically placed in the jaw bone to fill the space, that is left vacant by your missing tooth
- The implant in lower jaw takes four to five months to fuse with the bone. While that in the upper jaw takes six to seven months.
- Once the implant is permanently fused in the jaw bone, a healing cap/collar is placed on the head of the implant. This helps the gums to heal correctly. This takes 10 to 14 days after which it is removed.
- An abutment is a metal connector or bridge that is used to connect implants with artificial temporary crowns. Once the collar is removed, abutments are placed on the head of implants.
- After six weeks or so, permanent crowns that look exactly like your natural teeth replace temporary crowns
Dental implants, although lengthy procedures that consume 8 - 12 months, serve as the best solution for missing teeth. They are said to last for as long as 25 years without complications; if proper oral hygiene is followed.
Cost of Dental Implant surgery in India can range around INR 15,000 to INR 1,00,000 approximately.
Dental implants need the same amount of attention as any of your natural teeth. However, regular visits to your dental clinics after 4 - 6 months are essential to avoid any minor complications and help the implants to remain strong and healthy.