Laser Circumcision FAQs
Following are the common questions about Laser Circumcision:
- How is laser circumcision performed?
- Who can undergo laser circumcision?
- Are there any diagnostic tests for laser circumcision?
- What is the success rate of laser circumcision?
- What is the duration of laser circumcision surgery?
- What is the cost of laser circumcision treatment?
- How long does it take to recover from laser circumcision?
- What are the benefits of laser circumcision?
- What questions should you ask to doctor regarding laser circumcision?
- Why should you choose the laser technique for circumcision?
- How does circumcision benefit my female partner?
- Which doctor performs laser circumcision surgery?
- How long is the hospital stay after laser circumcision?
- Can laser circumcision affect fertility?
Q. How is laser circumcision performed?
A. Laser circumcision is an advanced procedure performed with the help of cutting-edge laser techniques. In this procedure, a high laser beam is used to cut the foreskin. This is a modern technique and safest procedure compared to conventional methods to remove the foreskin.
Q. Who can undergo laser circumcision?
A. There is no age limit to undergo laser circumcision. However, laser circumcision is highly performed in adults as compared to newborn babies. In addition, because of the medical benefits of this procedure, many males from different religions prefer getting circumcised through laser technique.
Q. Are there any diagnostic tests for laser circumcision?
A. The doctor will conduct a physical examination before recommending laser circumcision in order to determine any underlying cause of infection. The doctor may advise a few diagnostic tests before laser circumcision:
- Foreskin analysis
- Blood test
- Swab culture is taken from the glans penis
Q. What is the success rate of laser circumcision?
A. The success rate of laser circumcision is 99% approximately. Laser circumcision is an advanced procedure performed with the help of cutting-edge technology. It is a modern technique that has no complications and a faster recovery duration as compared to conventional methods performed for circumcision.
Q. What is the duration of laser circumcision surgery?
A. The procedure of laser circumcision may take 20-30 minutes. This is an outpatient procedure performed with the latest medical technology. However, the duration of the surgery may vary if the patient is suffering from any foreskin infection. Depending on the severity of the infection the doctor may perform the surgery with precision to avoid any difficulties.
Q. What is the cost of laser circumcision treatment?
A. The average cost of laser circumcision may range from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 35,000. However, the mentioned is an average range which may vary from the final cost o the laser circumcision treatment depending on the various factors such as:
- The general fees of a urologist
- The charges of hospitalization
- The locality of the hospital
- The diagnostic tests need to get during the treatment
- The medication prescribed by the doctor during the treatment
Q. How long does it take to recover from laser circumcision?
A. The recovery post laser circumcision may take 2-3 days. However, the complete recovery may take approximately two weeks. There are some tips that doctors may advise post laser circumcision treatment for faster recovery with less discomfort. A few of them are:
- Avoid gym for at least two weeks post circumcision treatment
- Take the prescribed medication on time to promote healing
- Avoid strenuous activities as they may put excessive pressure on the surgical site
Q. What are the benefits of laser circumcision?
A. Undergoing laser circumcision can be beneficial and may prevent foreskin infection and other medical conditions from developing and progressing. Some of the benefits of undergoing laser circumcision:
- It lowers the risk of sexually transmitted diseases or infections
- Almost decreases the risk of penile cancer
- Reduces the chances of urinary tract infections
- Makes it easier to clean in order to maintain hygiene
- Decreases the risk of human papillomavirus
Q. What questions should you ask to doctor regarding laser circumcision?
A. There are some questions you can ask your doctor regarding laser circumcision to understand the treatment and to prepare for it:
- Will laser circumcision cure my foreskin infection permanently?
- When can I join the gym after laser circumcision?
- How long does it take to recover post laser circumcision?
- When can I resume sexual activity post circumcision?
- Can circumcision affect my penis size?
- Can laser circumcision affect fertility?
Q. Why should you choose the laser technique for circumcision?
A. Laser circumcision is an advanced surgical procedure that is performed with the help of the latest technique. This modern treatment is better and most advised by the urologist as compared to conventional methods of circumcision. A few of the benefits are:
- The procedure involves no cuts and stitches
- No incision is made during the procedure
- This treatment is cost-effective
- It is an outpatient procedure
- It has a faster recovery duration
- It has a better success rate
- It involves minimal bleeding
Q. How does circumcision benefit my female partner?
A. Undergoing laser circumcision can certainly benefit your female partner:
- It reduces the risk of cervical cancer
- It lowers the risk of vaginal infections such as yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis
- It decreases the chances of sexually transmitted infections
- It may increase the sensation and satisfaction during intercourse
Q. Which doctor performs laser circumcision surgery?
A. Laser circumcision is a surgical procedure for removing the foreskin of the penis. Generally, a general surgeon or a urologist performs the circumcision. In the case of circumcision in infants, a pediatrician can perform the surgical procedure.
Q. How long is the hospital stay after laser circumcision?
A. Circumcision is generally performed as a daycare procedure which means the patient can return home the same day. The patient may need to stay at the hospital only if he has any underlying health issue that may lead to post-surgical complications. If everything seems fine with the patient's health, he can return home just after a few hours of the surgery.
Q. Can laser circumcision affect fertility?
A. No. Laser circumcision can not affect fertility. Circumcision is only targeted for the removal of a certain portion of the foreskin to prevent any infection from developing and progressing. Whereas the male reproductive organs such as spermatic cords, testicles, etc remain untouched. Since there is no invasion on either, circumcision does not affect male fertility.