ZSR Circumcision FAQs
Following are the common questions about ZSR Circumcision:
- What is ZSR circumcision?
- When should I undergo zsr circumcision?
- What happens during the ZSR circumcision?
- What are the advantages of stapler (ZSR) circumcision?
- Whom should I consult for ZSR circumcision?
- What different conditions are treated under ZSR circumcision?
- What is the cost of ZSR circumcision?
- What factors affect the cost of ZSR circumcision?
- What is the duration of ZSR circumcision?
- How long does it take to recover from the zsr circumcision?
- How can I prevent foreskin problems?
- Does circumcision affect the size of the penis?
- What are the health benefits of ZSR circumcision?
- Is ZSR circumcision painful?
- When can I have sexual intercourse after the ZSR circumcision?
Q. What is ZSR circumcision?
A. ZSR or stapler circumcision refers to the advanced technique that involves minimal incisions to remove the foreskin from the top of the penis. The surgeon uses a stapler-like device during the procedure to minimize post-operative bleeding and reduce the chances of complications.
Q. When should I undergo zsr circumcision?
A. You may have to undergo zsr circumcision if you are experiencing the following symptoms-
- Redness and swelling in the foreskin
- Dryness or itchiness in the foreskin
- Pain while retracting the foreskin
- The foreskin is stuck in one place
- A white ring around the head
Q. What happens during the ZSR circumcision?
A. The patient is administered with general or local anesthesia before the procedure for a painless procedure. The surgeon then uses a stapler-like device to remove the foreskin from the top of the penis. The nature of the incision is minimally invasive to reduce the bleeding during the procedure. ZSR circumcision offers a high success rate with almost no complications after the surgery.
Q. What are the advantages of stapler (ZSR) circumcision?
A. Advantages of stapler (ZSR) circumcision are -
- Surgery time is around 10 minutes
- Minimal blood loss
- Minimal pain
- Faster recovery
- The chances of complications are almost nil
- Lower chances of infection
- Safe for children and adults
Q. Whom should I consult for ZSR circumcision?
A. If you are experiencing symptoms related to any foreskin problem such as phimosis, balanitis, paraphimosis, tight foreskin, balanoposthitis, etc., you must consult a urologist for your circumcision. Urologists diagnose and treat diseases involving the male and female urinary tract.
Q. What different conditions are treated under ZSR circumcision?
A. Different conditions treated under zsr circumcision are -
- Tight Foreskin
- Bleeding during Intercourse
- Pain during Sexual Intercourse
- Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans (BXO)
- Chronic or Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
Q. What is the cost of ZSR circumcision?
A. The cost of ZSR circumcision starts from Rs. 23,000 and can go up to Rs. 35,000 depending on several factors such as the medical condition of the patient, surgical expertise of the urologist, etc.
Q. What factors affect the cost of ZSR circumcision?
A. Factors that affect the cost of ZSR circumcision is as follows -
- Selection of hospital (private or government)
- Consultation charges of the urologist
- The expertise of the surgeon
- Cost of anesthesia
- Medication cost
- Insurance coverage
Q. What is the duration of ZSR circumcision?
A. The duration of ZSR circumcision is usually around 10-15 minutes, depending on the medical condition of the patient and the experience of the surgeon. The surgeon can ask you to stay for a few hours after the procedure to check the recovery progress. Once the doctor suspects no post-operative complications, the patient can go home on the same day of the surgery.
Q. How long does it take to recover from the zsr circumcision?
A. The recovery period after zsr circumcision is usually 2-3 days depending on the severity of the foreskin condition and the surgical expertise of the surgeon. However, complete recovery may take around 1-2 weeks if the patient strictly follows post-recovery tips.
Q. How can I prevent foreskin problems?
A. It is important to maintain your penis hygiene to avoid foreskin problems. Some of the preventive measures to prevent foreskin problems include -
- Regularly wash your penis with lukewarm water every day while having a bath.
- Gently pull back the foreskin and wash the penis head properly because it can cause irritation and dryness.
- A mild or non-perfumed soap can be used to wash the penis as it can reduce the risk of skin infection.
- Avoid using deodorants and chemical products that can be allergic to the skin and cause irritation.
Q. Does circumcision affect the size of the penis?
A. No, circumcision does not affect the size of the penis. This surgery removes the foreskin from the top of the penis and does not alter the length or girth of the penis. Advanced circumcision offers a painless procedure with minimal blood loss that results in faster recovery.
Q. What are the health benefits of ZSR circumcision?
A. Circumcision is done for religious, social as well as medical reasons. There are several health benefits of undergoing circumcision. ZSR Circumcision is an advanced surgical procedure that offers the following health benefits -
- Prevents and cures foreskin problems permanently.
- Prevents recurrent infections in the urinary tract due to foreskin problem
- Reduces the chances of contracting and transmitting sexually transmitted infections.
- Decreased risk of penile cancer.
Q. Is ZSR circumcision painful?
A. No, ZSR circumcision is not painful as it is done under the influence of general or local anesthesia. For children less than 1 year of age, anesthesia may not be required, however, for infants aged above 1 year, the doctor may administer general anesthesia for a painless procedure.
Q. When can I have sexual intercourse after the ZSR circumcision?
A. The doctor usually advises refraining from indulging in any sexual activity for at least 7-10 days after the circumcision to avoid any complication. The doctor also recommends avoiding masturbation for at least a week after the surgery.