Hymenoplasty Surgery Method
Hymenoplasty for broken hymen is performed by stitching together the hymen’s broken fragments using minute and dissolvable sutures. It is an in-clinic procedure and is performed under local anesthesia. Hence, it is completely painless and you can go home the same day. The recovery happens within 2-3 weeks and you can resume your sexual life after 1-1.5 months.
The Best Time to Undergo Hymenoplasty
Hymenoplasty takes an average of 1 to 1.5 months to recover. Therefore, doctors recommend you undergo this procedure just 1.5- 2 months before the intended.
Recovery after Hymenoplasty
While you can resume some basic work in 2-3 days, a complete recovery may take well over 1-1.5 months. As you recover, doctors suggest you follow the below-mentioned guidelines:
- Do not self-evaluate. There is a tendency among patients to check for the new hymen themselves. As you bend and self-examine, you run the risk of pulling open the stitches. Therefore, avoid this at all costs.
- Complete your full course of medicines and follow-up.
- Wash the area with only plain water. Soap, chemicals, or perfume run the risk of infection.
- Do not strain as you pass the bowel movement. Else, you run the risk of pulling open the stitches. Therefore, if you feel constipated, rather ask your doctor for a mild laxative.
- If menstruation persues, use only sanitary pads. Do not use anything penetrative in nature such as tampons, or menstrual cups. Else, you run the risk of accidental rupture.
- Do not eat anything too spicy or uncertain in nature. Else, in case of irritation and coughing, you run the risk of accidentally breaking open the stitches.
- Do not strain your lower body during any physical activity. That is, do not exercise, or lift anything heavy that may need your pelvic muscles.
- Do not engage in heavy physical exercises, sports, or adventure activities until you are ready to break the hymen. Else, you run the risk of unknowingly rupturing it
- In case of abnormal or sudden bleeding, contact your gynecologist immediately.
- Do not engage in the intended penetrative sex up until at least 1-1.5 months.
Does Hymenoplasty cause vaginal bleeding after sexual intercourse?
No. While most patients undergo hymenoplasty with the hope of hymen tear and bleeding after first sexual intercourse, no doctor can guarantee it.
The hymen is a thin membrane and the vagina is elastic. Therefore, while in many cases, it may tear and bleed, in others, it may just simply stretch and bleed some other time. At yet others, it may bleed little or not bleed at all. This varies from body to body and case to case. The same is true even in the otherwise intact hymen.
However, the procedure does ensure a closed hymen that would give a tight and intact flap-like effect that you or your partner may be looking for.
Please discuss the same with your operating doctor for more clarity.
What is the average cost of gynecologist consultation for hymenoplasty?
A gyne surgeon with considerable experience in hymenoplasty surgery may charge anywhere between Rs. 500- Rs. 1500 as consultation fees in India.
What is the cost of diagnostic tests before hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasty does not require any laboratory tests. The diagnosis is done through a simple pelvic examination, whose cost price is included in the doctor’s consultation fees.
What is the average cost of medicines needed after hymenoplasty?
The commonly prescribed medicines after hymenoplasty include antibiotics, painkillers, and multivitamins. Together, they typically cost an average of Rs. 500- Rs. 1000 in India.
What is the cost difference between hymenoplasty at a govt vs. private hospital in India?
Hymenoplasty costs around INR 10,000 to INR 15,000 more in a private facility than at a government hospital in India. This is because of the better patient experience and privacy that a private hospital claims to offer. Also, note that hymenoplasty is done at very limited govt. hospitals in India.
Is hymenoplasty surgery cost covered under insurance?
No. Hymenoplasty falls under the ‘cosmetic surgery’ bracket and hence considered as a procedure taken because of ‘choice’ and not ‘medical necessity’. This is why it is not claimable under insurance.
Does hymenoplasty cost less when paid in cash?
Yes. There is a possibility of additional discounts for all the treatments when paid in cash. However, please confirm the same from your respective hospital or health care provider.
To get a more precise cost of hymenoplasty, a list of your nearest hospitals, and the best gyne surgeons in your city, please call us directly.
You can also book a free appointment with our best gyne surgeons online/ offline by simply clicking on our ‘Book Free Appointment’ tab. Consult now.