What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a very complex surgery that reshapes and/or enhances the appearance of the nose. It is the most popular and commonly performed cosmetic surgery worldwide. However, rhinoplasty can be performed for both aesthetic reasons, to improve the appearance of the nose, and functional reasons, to correct breathing difficulties or other nasal abnormalities.
Some general aspects of nose plastic surgery include the following:
- Reshaping the Bridge: The surgeon can modify the size, width, or profile of the nasal bridge by adding or removing bone or cartilage.
- Refining the Tip: The nasal tip can be reshaped by adjusting the cartilage and tissue, making it more defined, rounded, or lifted.
- Correcting Nostril Size and Shape: The surgeon can alter the size or shape of the nostrils to achieve better symmetry or proportions.
- Straightening the Nose: Rhinoplasty can address nasal deviations or crookedness by repositioning the nasal bones and cartilage.
- Improving Breathing: Functional rhinoplasty focuses on correcting structural abnormalities that hinder proper airflow, such as a deviated septum or nasal valve collapse.
It’s crucial to consult a certified and highly experienced plastic surgeon to discuss specific goals, expectations, potential risks, benefits, and rhinoplasty cost in India. The doctor will provide recommendations and an estimate based on the individual’s circumstances.
Type of Nose Plastic Surgery & Their Cost
There are different types of nose plastic surgeries, also known as rhinoplasty procedures, that can be performed to address various aesthetic and functional concerns. The cost of each type of nose job varies significantly due to their purpose and the concerns they address. Here is an overview of different types and a general idea of nose job cost in India.
- Cosmetic Rhinoplasty: This procedure focuses on enhancing the appearance of the nose. It can involve reshaping the nasal bridge, refining the tip, narrowing the nostrils, or correcting asymmetry. Cosmetic nose surgery price in India starts from Rs. 50,000 and can go up to Rs. 2,00,000 or more.
- Functional Rhinoplasty: This type of rhinoplasty aims to improve nasal function and address breathing difficulties caused by structural abnormalities such as a deviated septum or nasal valve collapse. The cost of functional rhinoplasty can vary depending on the complexity of the functional issues and the surgical techniques required. On average, functional nose surgery cost in India is around Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,20,000 approx.
- Revision Rhinoplasty: Also known as secondary rhinoplasty, this procedure is performed to correct issues or unsatisfactory results from a previous rhinoplasty. Revision rhinoplasty can be more complex than the initial surgery due to scar tissue and altered nasal anatomy. Revision rhinoplasty surgery cost in India is generally higher than that of primary rhinoplasty due to the increased complexity. In general, the price will be around Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 2,50,000.
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty: This type of rhinoplasty is specifically tailored to meet the aesthetic goals of individuals with diverse ethnic backgrounds, such as Asian, African, or Middle Eastern descent. An ethnic rhinoplasty surgery cost is around Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,50,000 approx.
Cost of different surgeries performed for Rhinoplasty Surgery
Types of surgery
Minimum Cost (Rs.)
Average Cost (Rs.)
Maximum Cost (Rs.)
| Rs, 50,000
|| Rs. 1,25,000
|| Rs. 2,00,000
| Rs, 50,000
|| Rs, 75,000
|| Rs, 1,20,000
| Rs. 1,00,000
|| Rs. 1,75,000
|| Rs. 2,50,000
| Rs. 50,000
|| Rs. 1,25,000
|| Rs. 1,50,000
It's important to note that the costs mentioned above are estimates and can vary significantly.
Techniques Used for Rhinoplasty & Their Cost
Nose surgery price in India primarily depends on the technique being used by the plastic or cosmetic surgeon to deliver the best outcome. There are two primary techniques used for rhinoplasty:
- Open Rhinoplasty: In open rhinoplasty, a small incision is made on the columella, the strip of tissue separating the nostrils. This allows the surgeon to lift the skin and access the underlying structures of the nose more directly. Open rhinoplasty provides excellent visibility and control for complex or extensive nose reshaping. Due to the increased surgical access and longer operating time, open rhinoplasty generally tends to be more expensive compared to closed rhinoplasty.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: In closed rhinoplasty, all incisions are made inside the nostrils, and no external incisions are made on the columella. The surgeon performs the procedure by working through these internal incisions. Closed rhinoplasty is typically suitable for less complex cases that require minor changes to the nose's shape or structure. This technique may have a lower cost compared to open rhinoplasty due to the shorter operating time and reduced complexity.
There is a significant difference between these nose plastic surgery costs. Open nose job cost in India is around Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 at most. Closed nose surgery price in India is around Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,50,000. To get an accurate estimate, it’ll be best to consult a rhinoplasty surgeon.
Key Factors That Affect Nose Job Cost in India
Here are some key factors that influence nose surgery costs in India:
- Surgeon's Expertise and Experience: Highly experienced and reputable plastic surgeons may charge higher fees due to their expertise and track record of successful outcomes.
- Clinic/Hospital's Location: The location of the clinic or hospital where the surgery is performed can also impact the cost. Clinics in major cities or upscale areas may have higher fees compared to those in smaller towns.
- Type and Complexity of the Procedure: The type of rhinoplasty procedure and its complexity is a major factors that can influence the cost. A simple cosmetic rhinoplasty may be less expensive compared to a more complex revision rhinoplasty or functional rhinoplasty that requires addressing breathing difficulties.
- Anesthesia and Surgical Facility: The overall nose surgery price may include fees for anesthesia administration and the surgical facility where the procedure takes place. High-quality facilities with advanced technology and amenities may have higher associated costs.
- Pre-operative Assessments and Post-operative Care: The cost of a nose job may include pre-operative consultations, tests, and evaluations (imaging tests if required), as well as post-operative care, follow-up appointments, and prescribed medications.
- Additional Procedures or Treatment: If additional procedures or treatments are required, such as septoplasty (correction of a deviated septum) or injectable fillers, they may add to the overall cost of nose plastic surgery.
It should be noted that the above-mentioned factors are not exhaustive, and there may be other factors specific to the individual cases that will influence the cost.
Nose Surgery Cost Coverage Under Insurance
In India, coverage for nose surgery or rhinoplasty under insurance is subject to various terms and conditions specified by the insurance providers. Generally, health insurance plans do not cover nose plastic surgery costs in India. It means when an individual is undergoing rhinoplasty electively solely for aesthetic reasons, the insurance company will not cover the expenses under any circumstance.
However, there are some exceptions to the coverage terms, which allow nose surgery cost to be partially or fully covered by insurance. If nose surgery is performed to correct functional issues that affect breathing, such as a deviated septum or nasal valve collapse, there is a higher chance of insurance coverage. In such cases, the surgery is considered medically necessary to address a health concern.
Along with this, if the surgery is recommended as a reconstructive procedure to address traumatic or accidental injuries, the insurance policy will again cover the nose surgery price to help the individual get normal form and function.
Keep in mind that even if insurance coverage is available, there may still be some out-of-pocket expenses, such as deductibles, co-pays, or charges for any non-covered components of the procedure. Therefore, it is crucial to talk to the insurance provider to get detailed information about what is covered, applicable deductibles, co-pays, exclusions, and the process of getting pre-authorization for the treatment or reimbursement process.