Best Cataract Surgeon in Jaipur
Cataract is a serious eye disorder that continues to progress without treatment. Contact the best eye surgeon to undergo cataract surgery in Jaipur and preserve your vision.
When Is Cataract Surgery Needed?
Cataract surgery is typically recommended when a cataract causes significant vision problems or interferes with your ability to perform daily activities. Here are some common signs that cataract surgery may be needed:
- If your vision is consistently blurry or cloudy, even with glasses or contact lenses, it may be a sign of cataracts.
- Cataracts can cause increased sensitivity to light, particularly bright lights and glare. This can make it difficult to see when driving at night or in bright sunlight.
- If you have difficulty seeing in low light conditions, such as when driving at night, it may be a sign of cataracts.
- Cataracts can cause colors to appear faded or yellowed, which can make it difficult to distinguish between colors.
- If you see two images instead of one, it may be a sign of cataracts.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it's important to see an eye care specialist for an evaluation. They can determine if cataracts are the cause of your vision problems and recommend the best treatment options, including cataract surgery if necessary. Keep in mind that cataracts typically develop slowly over time, so it's important to have regular eye exams to monitor your eye health and detect cataracts early.
Which Doctor to Consult for Cataract Surgery?
The right doctor for consultation usually depends on the severity of the condition. If the cataract is in its early stages, you can consider consulting an optometrist. They will help you to monitor your condition and examine your eyes regularly to see how the disease is progressing. However, it’ll be best to consult an ophthalmologist for cataract surgery. They are certified and trained in diagnosing and correcting eye disorders through medications and surgeries. To find the best cataract surgeon in Jaipur, you can give us a call and talk to our experts to plan the treatment.
How to Choose the Best Cataract Surgeon in Jaipur?
Here are some tips to help you choose the best doctor for cataract operation in Jaipur:
- Look for a board-certified ophthalmologist: Make sure the doctor you choose is board-certified to perform cataract surgery and other surgical procedures. This means they have completed the necessary education and training to diagnose and treat eye conditions, including cataracts.
- Check their experience and expertise: Look for a doctor who has extensive experience in treating cataracts. Ask about their success rate and the number of cataract surgeries they have performed in the last month or year. Also, look for a doctor who has experience with the latest technologies and techniques for cataract surgery.
- Read reviews from previous patients: Look for reviews from previous patients to get an idea of their experience with the doctor. Check online review sites, ask for referrals from friends and family, and read testimonials on the doctor's website.
- Consider the doctor's communication style: You want a doctor who will take the time to listen to your concerns, explain the treatment options, and answer any questions you may have. Look for a doctor who is approachable, easy to talk to, and willing to spend time with you during appointments.
- Evaluate the clinic or hospital: Look for a clinic or hospital that is equipped with the latest technologies and has a good reputation for patient care. Consider factors such as location, convenience, and availability of parking and public transportation.
By following these tips, you can find the best cataract surgeon in Jaipur and ensure that you receive the highest level of care.
Different Types of Cataract Eye Surgery in Jaipur
There are various types of surgery that can be performed to treat cataracts, and the most suitable technique is chosen by the doctor after a thorough diagnosis. The most common types of cataract surgery in Jaipur include the following-
- Phacoemulsification is the most common type of cataract surgery. It is a quick, safe, and effective outpatient procedure that usually takes less than an hour to complete. During the procedure, the surgeon creates a small incision in the cornea and uses ultrasound waves to break up the cloudy lens. The broken-up pieces of the lens are then suctioned out through the same incision. A new artificial lens, also called an intraocular lens, is then implanted in the eye to replace the cloudy lens. This type of surgery typically results in a fast recovery time and minimal discomfort.
- Extracapsular cataract extraction is an older type of cataract surgery that is less common today. It involves making a larger incision in the cornea to remove the cloudy lens in one piece. A new artificial lens is then implanted in the eye to replace the cloudy lens. This type of surgery requires more recovery time and may result in more discomfort than phacoemulsification.
- Microincision cataract surgery is a popular, minimally invasive technique to treat cataracts. In this technique, the surgeon makes an incision smaller than 2.2 mm in the cornea using a blade or a laser. Then the ultrasonic probe is used to break up the cloudy lens and remove it through suction. Then the intraocular lens is implanted in the eye to replace the natural lens. This surgery has minimal downtime and provides better results with minimal side effects.
- Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery is a newer type of cataract surgery that uses a laser to create precise incisions in the cornea and break up the cloudy lens before it is removed. The laser is also used to soften the lens, making it easier to remove. Once the cloudy lens is removed, a new artificial lens is implanted in the eye. This type of surgery is more precise and may result in a faster recovery time than traditional cataract surgery.
Currently, laser cataract surgery in Jaipur is gaining more popularity as it is a minimally invasive procedure and offers faster recovery to the patient. However, laser cataract surgery is not the best option for all patients. The doctor examines the eye, identifies the severity, and then decides which surgical approach would be most suitable for the patient.
How Cataract Surgery is Performed?
Cataract surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis and takes around 30-40 minutes at most. The procedure is carried out in the following steps-
- Anesthesia drops are administered by the optometrist or ophthalmologist to numb the eye. Once the eyes are numb, a lid speculum is placed into the eye to keep it open.
- The eyes will be cleaned properly, and then the surgeon will make an incision in the cornea to access the cloudy part of the lens. The size of the incision will vary depending on the technique used.
- The surgeon will emulsify the cloudy lens and leave a small capsule behind that so that it can hold the artificial lens.
- Then the intraocular lens is implanted in the eye, and the incision is closed with dissolvable sutures.
Once the surgery is complete, a patch or protective cover is placed over the treated eye, and the patient is given detailed recovery instructions.
Types of Lens Used for Laser Cataract Surgery in Jaipur
There are three most common types of lens used during cataract operation in Jaipur - monofocal, multifocal, and toric lens.
- Monofocal Lens: They are the most common type of lens used in cataract surgery. They are designed to provide clear vision at a single distance, usually for distance vision. Patients who choose monofocal lenses may still need glasses to correct near or intermediate vision.
- Multifocal Lens: These lenses are designed to provide clear vision at multiple distances, including near, intermediate, and/or distance. This allows patients to have less dependence on glasses after surgery. However, not all patients are good candidates for multifocal lenses, and the patient may still need a visual aid to see clearly at all distances.
- Toric Lens: This type of lens is designed to correct astigmatism, a common condition that causes blurry vision. These lenses are also available in monofocal and multifocal options and can provide clear vision at single or multiple distances.
Your ophthalmologist will help you choose the best type of lens for your specific needs based on factors such as your lifestyle, vision goals, and overall eye health. They can also discuss the benefits and limitations of each type of lens to help you make an informed decision.
Is cataract eye surgery in Jaipur covered by health insurance?
Yes, whether the patient is undergoing traditional or laser cataract surgery in Jaipur, it’ll be covered by health insurance. To learn all about the terms and conditions regarding coverage, talk to your health insurance provider.