Manufacturer: Organon (India) Ltd
MRP: Rs. 119.33
Unit Price: Rs. 11.93
Package Price: Rs. 119.33 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: capsule
What is Andriol?
Andriol is a capsule containing artificially synthesized testosterone. It helps in realigning any disturbances that may have occurred in the hormonal cycle of male reproductive system.
Composition of Andriol Capsule:
The active ingredient of Andriol is artificially synthesized testosterone. It acts via the medium of other components of Andriol which are neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Andriol Used for?
Andriol is used to treat hypogonadism in men. It is often prescribed to patients who have undergone testicle removal surgery for cancer treatment. Delayed puberty, male infertility are some of the disorders which respond well to Andriol.
Side Effects of Andriol:
If Andriol is used without any medical indication or an overdose is taken, patients could experience the following side effects:
- Hot flashes
- Weight changes
- Mood changes
Other side effects that have not been mentioned here may also be experienced by patients on taking Andriol capsule. Allergic reaction to the drug may cause itching, hives and redness of the skin.
Precautions for Andriol Consumption:
Andriol is an artificially synthesized hormone which has capability to alter the disturbed hormonal cycle in male patients. The capsule should be used judiciously in order to avoid unwarranted disturbances in a healthy hormonal cycle. Some precautions regarding usage of Andriol are mentioned below:
- Andriol is meant for consumption in male patients only, and its use in females is extremely rare. Female hormonal cycle will react very adversely to Andriol capsule.
- Male patients below the age of 18 years should never be prescribed Andriol capsule, without consulting with a pediatrician and an Andrologist.
- Patients who are recovering from any debilitating disorder should avoid taking Andriol till they recover fully.
- Patients who are on other steroid medicines should inform their doctor before starting a course of Andriol.
- Andriol should not be consumed by patients who have active testicular or prostate cancer.
Instructions other than those mentioned above may also be provided to patients.
Andriol is an artificially synthesized form of testosterone. Other such drugs which have the same medicinal effect as Andriol are listed below:
- Cernos Capsule
- Testoki Capsule
- Nuvir Capsule
These drugs may be used as a substitute to Andriol if a physician prescribes it.
- Is Andriol safe during pregnancy?
Andriol is not recommended for women in general and should specifically be avoided by pregnant women and breast feeding mothers.
- How should Andriol capsule be used?
Andriol capsule is meant for oral consumption only and should be taken with plain water. The capsule should be swallowed whole without chewing or crushing it.