Name: Prosure Powder
Manufacturer: Abbott India Ltd
MRP: Rs. 383.80
Unit Price: Rs. 1.92
Package Price: Rs. 383.80 (Qty.: 200)
Package Form: Box
Medicine Form: Powder
What is Prosure?
Prosure is an oral nutritional supplement which helps in maintaining normal body weight and keeps physiological functions in their normal order. It is available in the form of a powder which is meant for oral consumption.
Composition of Prosure:
The active components of Prosure powder are as follows:
- Chromium Chloride
- Copper Sulphate
- Ascorbic Acid
- Beta Carotene
- Manganese Sulphate
- Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Calcium Carbonate
- Potassium Chloride
- Calcium Pantothenate
- Choline Chloride
- Chromium Chloride
- Folic Acid
- Magnesium Sulphate
- Fructo Oligosacchrides
- Marine Fish oil
- Potassium Citrate
- Milk protein
- Pyridoxine HCl
- Potassium Iodide
- Sodium Molybdate
- Sodium Chloride
- Soya bean oil
- Zinc Sulphate
- Whey protein Hydrolysate
- Thiamine HCl
- Sunflower oil
- Soy Lecithin
- Soy Polysacchrides
All these components act in combination with one another to increase energy levels and prevent premature oxidation of cells.
What is Prosure Used for?
Prosure is usually prescribed to patients who are not gaining healthy weight. It is useful for regaining lost muscle mass and body weight after cancer, debilitating disorders like typhoid, tuberculosis, meningitis. Patients suffering from effects of dietary deficiencies are also often prescribed Prosure.
Side Effects of Prosure:
Patients who consume Prosure for a long time may experience following side effects:
- Swelling of ankles, wrist, face and eyes
- Itching and redness of skin as an allergic response to Prosure
- Altered stool habits
- Digestive troubles
- Altered hunger pattern
- Lack of adequate sleep
Other side effects that have not been mentioned above may also be associated with Prosure.
Precautions for Prosure Consumption:
Patients who are using Prosure regularly, should follow certain precautions in order to avoid harmful reactions of the powder. Some of these precautions are mentioned below:
- Prosure powder should be used only if it has been prescribed by a dietician or a physician.
- Patients who are already taking some other protein supplements should inform their physician before beginning a course of Prosure.
- Prosure powder is not meant for consumption in children under 15 years of age.
- Prosure helps in healthy weight gain only if it is accompanied by medication to treat any underlying disorder, a healthy diet and adequate physical activity as needed.
- Patients should inform their doctor about any other nutritional supplements they might be taking before starting Prosure.
- Patients with active liver or kidney dysfunction, gastric disorders and those who have recently undergone gastrointestinal surgery should not consume Prosure powder without a physician’s consent.
Patients should ensure that they follow these instructions properly in order to prevent side effects of Prosure powder.
Information of other nutritional supplements having similar therapeutic action and composition to Prosure is unavailable.
- Is Prosure recommended in pregnant women and lactating mothers?
Women who are pregnant or have recently given birth, are strictly prohibited from using Prosure unless it has been prescribed by a gynecologist.
- What is the ideal diet patients must follow while they are on a course of Prosure?
Patients who are required to take Prosure are advised to include adequate healthy calories, proteins and carbohydrates in their daily diet. Consumption of alcohol, tobacco, addictive drugs is strictly prohibited.