Manufacturer: Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 104.00
Unit Price: Rs. 10.40
Package Price: Rs. 104.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: Strip
Medicine Form: Tablet
What is Daflon?
Daflon is a drug which helps to treat vascular disorders by improving muscular tone of blood vessels. It acts on the walls of blood vessels and helps the muscles to contract more efficiently.
Composition of Daflon:
Each tablet of Daflon is composed of Diosmin and Methyl Hesperidin. These are the active ingredients of Daflon and are responsible for increasing muscle tone of blood vessels. The active ingredients act via the medium of excipients (inactive ingredients of the drug) which do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Daflon Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Daflon are as follows:
- Varicose veins
- Swollen lymphatic vessels
- Sluggish blood flow
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Venous ulcers
- Oedema of the extremities
Other diseases apart from those mentioned above can also be treated using Daflon.
Side Effects of Daflon:
Side effects may not develop in every patient who consumes Daflon. However, patients should be aware of these side effects, so as to enable them to monitor their own health in a better way. Some of the side effects associated with Daflon are mentioned below:
- Abdominal pain
- Lose stools
- Skin rash and itching
Apart from these, other symptoms of discomfort may be experienced by patients who are taking a course of Daflon. Should these side effects develop, Daflon should be stopped and the doctor should be informed immediately.
Precautions for Daflon Consumption:
A few important points to be remembered by patients who are using Daflon are mentioned below:
- Patients should inform the doctor about their entire health history before they begin a course of Daflon.
- Doctor should be informed about any other drugs the patient might be taking before starting Daflon tablet.
- Patients who are allergic to Diosmin or Methyl Hesperidin should not use Daflon.
- Daflon is not indicated for usage in pregnant women and women who are breast feeding.
- Patients who have disorders of elevated blood pressure should refrain from using Daflon.
- Patients who suffer from any vascular disorder should not use Daflon when it is not indicated.
Following these simple instructions helps in preventing unfavorable drug reactions of Daflon.
Other drugs which have drug composition and therapeutic actions similar to Daflon can be used as a substitute to the medicine. Names of medicines which are suitable alternatives for Daflon are given below:
- Hemorif Tablet
- Diorin Tablet
- Diohes Tablet
These medicines should be used in place of Daflon only when prescribed by a physician.
- Which disorders do not respond to Daflon?
More severe disorders of blood vessels, like aneurysm, Kawasaki syndrome, Takayasu arteritis, arteriovenous fistula etc., cannot be treated using Daflon. These diseases require surgical or more intensive medical aid.
- Can Daflon be taken life long?
Ideally, Daflon should not be taken for more than 2-3 months at a stretch. However, patients should consume the medicine as per their doctor's prescription and not continue/discontinue it at random.