Manufacturer: Himalaya Drug Company
MRP: Rs. 110.00
Unit Price: Rs. 1.83
Package Price: Rs. 110.00 (Qty.: 60)
Package Form: Strip
Medicine Form: Tablet
What is Liv 52 DS?
Liv 52 DS is an Ayurvedic medicine which helps in maintaining a healthy liver and in regulating levels of liver enzymes. This helps in treating several disorders of the digestive system.
Composition of Liv 52 DS:
Liv 52 DS is an Ayurvedic medicine consisting of the following ingredients:
- Achillea Millefolium
- Cichorium Intybus
- Mandur Bhasma
- Terminalia Arjuna
Each of these is a plant derivate and plays an important role in protecting the health of liver.
What is Liv 52 DS Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Liv 52 are as follow:
- Hepatic inflammation
- Any change in bowel habits
- Recurrent bloating of abdomen
Other medical conditions not mentioned above could also be treated with the help of Liv 52 DS.
Side Effects of Liv 52 DS:
Liv 52 is beneficial for the health of liver cells and liver enzymes. If the drug is over used or taken without any medical indication, it could lead to the following side effects:
- Increased appetite
- Burning, itching and dryness of skin
These are the most commonly noted side effects of Liv 52 DS. If patients feel any other sensation of discomfort, they should inform their doctor immediately and seek prompt relief from such symptoms.
Precautions for Liv 52 DS Consumption:
Liv 52 DS acts as a liver tonic and should be used judiciously. Its usage is limited and based on some important do's and dont's which have been mentioned below:
- Liv 52 DS is known to have a drug reaction with certain anti-diabetic and anti-hypertension medicines. Patients should consult with their doctor before using Liv 52 DS along with either of these medicines.
- Children below 10 years of age should be given Liv 52 DS only if it has been prescribed by a physician.
- For convenience of children and elderly people who find it difficult to consume tablets, Liv 52 DS is also available in the form of oral syrup.
- Liv 52 DS will help to resolve jaundice, but any associated infection will require separate medical treatment.
- More severe liver disorders like hepatic encephalopathy, hepatic coma and liver cancer, need more vigorous treatment and will not respond to Liv 52 DS.
- Patients who have undergone liver transplant surgery should start a course of Liv 52 DS only if it has been prescribed by a physician.
Keeping these points in mind will help in utilizing the medicinal effects of Liv 52 DS completely.
Liv 52 DS Alternatives:
Information about other medicines with similar composition and therapeutic action to Liv 52 DS is not available.
Liv 52 DS FAQs:
- Can Liv 52 DS be used for a long stretch of time spanning months or years?
Ideally, the use of Liv 52 DS should not be extended beyond 3-4 months at a time. However, doctor's prescription should be the final deciding factor about dosage of Liv 52 DS.
- Is Liv 52 DS safe during pregnancy?
Liv 52 DS is completely safe for consumption by pregnant women. Breast feeding mothers should consult with a gynecologist and pediatrician before using Liv 52 DS.