Manufacturer: Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MRP: Rs. 125.00
Unit Price: Rs. 12.50
Package Price: Rs. 125.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Maintane?
Maintane is a medicine containing artificially synthesized female hormone. It helps realign the disturbed hormonal levels and helps in maintaining and developing a conceived pregnancy.
Composition of Maintane:
The active ingredient of Maintane is Allylestrenol, which is a type of estrogen. Allylestrenol acts by inhibiting the hormonal surge which occurs during ovulation and prevents loss of pregnancy.
What is Maintane Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Maintane are as follows:
- History of miscarriage
- Inability to conceive despite good health of reproductive system
- Risk of impending miscarriage
- Complications during pregnancy
- Premature labor pains
- Risk of placental dislocation
- Prostate gland dysfunction (In male patients only)
Other disorders may also be treated with the help of Maintane. The medicine should be taken only under a gynecologist's guidance.
Side Effects of Maintane:
Maintane tends to produce side effects in hypersensitive patients, or in case of over dose of the medicine. Some of these side effects have been mentioned below:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased desire to sleep
- Stomach disorders
- Digestive complaints
Apart from the above mentioned side effects, other unpleasant symptoms may also develop after using Maintane. It is important to inform a doctor about them immediately to avoid further health complications.
Precautions for Maintane Consumption:
Maintane is usually indicated only in case of a complicated pregnancy. Its consumption should be kept in accordance with prescribed dosage. Some of these precautions have been mentioned below:
- Maintane tablet should not be used during pregnancy unless it has been prescribed by a gynecologist.
- Women who are breast feeding their baby or are about to deliver a baby, should not consume Maintane tablet.
- Men suffering from prostate hyperplasia may consume Maintane tablet only if it has been prescribed by an andrologist.
- Young girls who have just attained menarche are never prescribed Maintane tablet.
- Women who are using any hormonal contraception should inform their gynecologist about it before beginning a course of Maintane.
- Women with a history of PCOS should use Maintane only after consulting with a gynecologist and with great caution.
Apart from this, patients may be given other instructions as well regarding usage of Maintane. All these instructions must be followed well to avoid harmful drug reactions.
Medicines apart from Maintane containing Allylestrenol and those which have similar therapeutic action to Maintane, can be used as an alternative to this tablet. Names of some of these medicines are mentioned below:
- Prolin A Tablet
- Fulterm Tablet
- Anin Tablet
- Dubnil Tablet
These medicines can be used only after a gynecologist has prescribed them.
- Can Maintane be used as an alternative to cervical ligation?
Cervical ligation is a small surgical procedure done to prevent spontaneous abortion or premature delivery. Maintane has similar therapeutic effects to this surgical procedure, but it cannot be used in place of the procedure. When cervical ligation is indicated, it should be performed with undue haste.
- Does Maintane have contraceptive effect?
Maintane tablet cannot be used as a contraceptive as its hormonal composition is different from what is essential for a contraceptive pill.