Manufacturer: Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MRP: Rs. 92.00
Unit Price: Rs. 9.20
Package Price: Rs. 92.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Parit?
Parit is an antacid which helps to battle with symptoms of hyperacidity by reducing the amount of acid released by stomach lining.
Composition of Parit:
Each tablet of Parit consists of Rabeprazole which belongs to the class of Proton Pump Inhibitors. Drugs belonging to this class of chemicals help to reduce the amount of acid present in the stomach. Other neutral ingredients are also part of the medicine which help Parit to exert its therapeutic effects.
What is Parit Used For?
The therapeutic indications of Parit are as follows:
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Stomach ulcer
- Duodenal ulcer
- Hiatus hernia
Parit will help to treat increased acid formation associated with the above mentioned disorders. Other treatment methods should be employed to treat the disease itself to obtain complete relief.
Side Effects of Parit:
Patients who require to take Parit should be aware of the side effects associated with it. Some of the uncomfortable symptoms caused due to consumption of Parit are as follows:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Digestive troubles
- Soreness of throat
- Joint pain
Apart from the above mentioned symptoms, other side effects may also develop after consuming Parit tablet. Patients should stop using Parit immediately if side effects develop, and the doctor should be informed immediately.
Precautions for Parit Consumption:
Patients who are on a course of Parit should remember some important do's and dont's till the course is completed. This helps in avoiding harmful drug reactions and unnecessary health complications:
- Parit tablet should preferably be consumed an hour before having meals. Patients should keep a light and nutritious diet for the meals taken after a dose of Parit.
- Parit is known to disturb calcium metabolism which could lead to osteoporosis. Therefore, it is advisable to take calcium supplements along with Parit. This should be done after consulting with a doctor.
- Certain anti-viral and anti-fungal medicines and Parit should not be consumed together to avoid drug interference.
- Parit is not meant for consumption by children below 15 years of age.
- Patients who are allergic to Rabeprazole should not use Parit tablet.
Other medicines comprising of Rabeprazole which can be used as substitutes for Parit are mentioned below:
- Renvorab Tablet
- Rabopep Tablet
- Cyra Tablet
Any of the above medicines can be used in place of Parit, but only if prescribed by a physician.
- Is Parit safe during pregnancy?
Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers should be cautious while using Parit, as it could not be beneficial for the growth and development of baby. A gynecologist or physician should be consulted before using Parit.
- What are the contraindications for Parit usage?
Patients who have been diagnosed of calcium or vitamin D deficiency, cancer of gastrointestinal tract, ruptured stomach ulcer, peritonitis, acute pancreatitis should not use this medicine.