Manufacturer: Alkem Laboratories Ltd
MRP: Rs. 168.00
Unit Price: Rs. 16.80
Package Price: Rs. 168.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Switch O?
Switch O is an oral anti-biotic tablet which helps in fighting and fending off bacterial infection. The medicine prevents the bacteria to form a protective cover of their own, thus preventing and treating infection.
Composition of Switch O:
The active ingredients of Swich O have been mentioned below:
These antibiotics act via the medium of inactive ingredients which are part of the medicine. These ingredients do not hamper the medicinal action of the antibiotics.
What is Swich O used for?
The therapeutic indications of Swich O are as follows:
- Sexually transmitted bacterial infections
- Bacillary tonsillitis
- Otitis Media
- Urinary bladder infections
Swich O should be consumed only if it has been prescribed by a physician. The medicine can be prescribed for conditions other than the ones mentioned above.
Side Effects of Swich O:
Swich O can produce the following side effects in patients:
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hives and itching of the skin
- Abdominal bloating
Patients must inform their doctor soon if they develop these or any other side effects from Swich O. The medicine should be stopped immediately and doctor should be informed as early as possible.
Precautions for Swich O Consumption:
Swich O is a potent anti-bacterial medicine and should be consumed with caution. Some important do's and dont's about usage of Swich O have been mentioned below:
- Swich O tablet should be used only when it has been prescribed by a physician and in the exact dose that has been recommended.
- Swich O tablet should be swallowed whole without crushing or chewing it, as this will reduce its medicinal effect.
- Swich O should preferably be taken after meals in order to avoid hyperacidity which is a common side effect.
- Children should not be given Swich O for treating infections unless a physician advises to do so.
- Patients who are on a course of Swich O should inform their doctor about any other medicines they might be taking, in order to avoid drug interference.
- Patients with active disorders of liver or kidney should not consume Swich O without a physician's consent.
Apart from the above mentioned points, other precautions might also be suggested to patients who are on a course of Swich O.
Swich O Alternatives:
Given below are a few drugs which resemble Swich O in their chemical composition and therapeutic action:
- Microcef O Tablet
- Kefpod Tablet
- Tambac O Tablet
- Macpod O Tablet
- Zoflick Pod Tablet
The above drugs can be used in place of Swich O, but only if they have been prescribed by a physician.
Swich O FAQs:
- What are the various forms in which Swich O can be consumed?
Swich O is available in the form of oral solution and tablets, both of which are used for oral consumption only.
- Will Swich O help in treatment of all kinds of infections?
Swich O will help in treating only certain kinds of bacterial infections. It is ineffective against fungal infections, viral infections and even bacterial infections affecting the digestive tract.