Name: Urispas 200mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Walter Bushnell
MRP: Rs. 142.39
Unit Price: Rs. 14.24
Package Price: Rs. 142.39 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: Strip
Medicine Form: Tablet
What is Urispas?
Urispas is an oral anti-spasmodic medicine which acts on the muscles of urinary tract and relieves any pain in the pelvic area.
Composition of Urispas:
The active component of Urispas is Flavoxate. It acts via the medium of other components of the drug which are neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Urispas Used for?
Urispas tablet is indicated in the following urinary tract disorders:
- Urethral stone colic
- Urinary bladder spasm
Other urinary disorders not mentioned above may also be resolved using Urispas.
Side Effect of Urispas:
Some of the side effects associated with Urispas are mentioned below:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin itching and rash
- Difficulty in controlling urinary urge
Other side effects not mentioned above may also be associated with Urispas.
Precautions for Urispas Consumption:
Patients who have been prescribed Urispas should remember the following precautions in order to avoid harmful drug reactions:
- Urispas is meant for consumption only to obtain pain relief in case of urinary tract disorders.
- Other painful disorders like joint pain, headache, toothache, will not subside with Urispas tablet. The medicine helps in treating only spasmodic pain.
- Urispas should not be given to children below 15 years of age.
- Patients with any muscular disorder should inform their doctor before starting a course of Urispas.
- Urispas tends to develop sleepiness. Therefore, patients should avoid driving vehicles after taking a dose of this medicine.
Patients are advised to follow the above mentioned restrictions in order to avoid any side effects of the drug.
Other drugs having similar chemical composition and therapeutic action to Urispas can be used as an alternative for it. Some medicines which fit in this category have been mentioned below:
- Flavoride Tablet
- Urikind Tablet
- Uticept Tablet
These medicines may be used in place of Urispas only if a urologist or nephrologist has prescribed them.
- Is Urispas safe during pregnancy?
Pregnant women are advised to avoid consumption of Urispas. The medicine could act inappropriately on the uterine muscles and lead to complications.
- Which urinary disorders will not respond to treatment with Urispas?
Urispas is useful in reducing pain associated with urinary infection and urinary stone. However, for complete cure of the disease, more intense therapy in the form of other medicines, injections or even surgery may be needed. These disorders will not respond to treatment with Urispas alone.