Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 139.00
Unit Price: Rs. 13.90
Package Price: Rs. 139.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: soft gelatin capsule
What is Cernos?
Cernos is capsule containing artificially synthesized testosterone that helps in regulating any disturbances that might have occurred in the male hormonal cycle.
Composition of Cernos:
Each capsule of Cernos contains of artificially synthesized testosterone which fulfills the deficiency of the natural testosterone which is produced in the gonads of human body. Testosterone governs the male reproductive system and, its proportion is very high in the male body in comparison to female body.
What is Cernos Used for?
Cernos is used to treat health conditions associated with deteriorated function of male gonads. The medicines helps in compensating for the lowered levels of testosterone and avoids symptoms of hormonal imbalance. It is useful in men of advancing age who experience symptoms due to receding levels of testosterone.
Side Effects of Cernos:
Hormones are an essential part for normal functioning of each system in the human body. Abnormally high or low levels of hormones leads to numerous health disorders. Cernos capsule is artificially synthesized testosterone, therefore it could lead to development of side effects if consumed in a wrong manner or without any medical indication. Some of the side effects of Cernos are mentioned below:
- Development of acne
- Hot flashes
- Weight fluctuation
- Prostate gland hypertrophy
- Mood swings
- Painful erections lasting for a long time
Apart from this, other side effects too could be associated with usage of Cernos capsule. Should any side effects develop, the doctor should be informed immediately about them.
Precautions for Cernos Consumption:
Following are the important points to be remembered regarding usage of Cernos:
- Teenage boys are strictly disallowed to take Cernos as it could upset the levels of testosterone in their body.
- Men who are in their reproductive age and plan to start their own family should not consume this medicine unless prescribed by an Andrologist.
- Male infertility should not be treated with Cernos unless it has been advised by an Andrologist.
- Patients who have a history of cancer should inform the doctor before beginning a course of Cernos.
- Elevated cholesterol and lipid levels are a contraindication for consumption of Cernos.
Following these instructions will help to avoid harmful drug reactions and prevent health complications.
Other drugs having chemical composition and therapeutic action similar to Cernos have been mentioned below:
- Testoki Capsule
- Andriol Capsule
- Androfil Capsule
These medicines can be used as substitute to Cernos only if a physician or an andrologist prescribes them.
- What are the contraindications of Cernos?
Women who are pregnant, female and male patients suffering from cancer of reproductive system and patients who have recently undergone cardiac surgery should not use Cernos capsule.
- Which drugs should not be taken along with Cernos?
Blood thinners, anti-diabetic medicines, medication taken for thyroid gland disorders and certain anti-biotics should not be taken along with Cernos in order to avoid unfavorable drug interaction.