Name: Omnicef O 200mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 82.03
Unit Price: Rs. 13.67
Package Price: Rs. 82.03 (Qty.: 6)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Omnicef O?
Omnicef is an anti-biotic which is effective in fighting bacterial infections of various types. It hampers the growth and development of bacteria and thus helps in curbing infection.
Composition of Omnicef O:
Omnicef is the brand name for an antibiotic known as Cefixime. Cefixime belongs to the category of Cephalosporins. Each 200 mg tablet of Omnicef comprises of 200 mg of active Cefixime. Other inactive ingredients are also part of the tablet and act as a medium through which Cefixime will act.
What is Omnicef O Used for?
Omnicef O has shown good results in treatment of the following infectious conditions:
- Ear infection
- Throat infection
- Sexually transmitted bacterial infections
- Bacterial infection of sinus
Patients should not start consuming Omnicef O without doctor's permission. This is because there are certain side-effects associated with the drug, and certain side effects could not be suitable for patients' health.
Side Effects of Omnicef O:
Consumption of Omnicef O could lead to the development of any of the below mentioned side effects. Each side effect is not likely to develop in every patient, but it is still important to know about them. Knowledge of the side-effects of Omnicef O helps patients in analysing their own health and distinguishing symptoms of ill health from side effects:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Allergic rash
- Redness and itching of skin
- Swelling and redness of face or limbs
- Increased amount of abdominal gases
If any of these side effects are observed, patients should contact their doctor immediately to seek further treatment. Doctor may alter the dose of Omnicef O or stop the medicine completely.
Precautions for Omnicef O Consumption:
Every remedy acts on a particular disorder owing to some of its chemical properties. These chemical properties might have some unfavorable outcome if the medicine is not consumed correctly. This makes it essential for patients to follow some precautions while consuming the medicine. Some of these precautions have been mentioned below:
- Patients should not consume Omnicef if they are suffering from infectious diarrhea. Diarrhea is not know to respond to Omnicef O.
- Pregnant patients should take the medicine only under a doctor's guidance.
- Omnicef O is know to cause acidity, therefore it is important to remember that the medicine should never be taken on an empty stomach.
- Consuming Omnicef O should be avoided by people who are allergic to Cephalosporins.
- Calcium supplements and Omnicef O should not be consumed together. Patients should consult with their doctor if they need to take both medicines together.
- Lidocaine and Omnicef O have strong drug interaction and therefore should not be consumed together.
- Patients who have taken a Cholera vaccine, should wait for approximately 2 weeks before beginning dose of Omnicef O.
Patients might be advised to follow other instructions as well, depending on their health condition and disease diagnosis. All instructions provided by doctor should be followed while consuming Omnicef O.
Omnicef O Alternatives:
A list of medicines is given below which have composition similar to Omnicef O. These drugs can be used as a substitute for Omnicef if the doctor advises so. The list is as follows:
- Cefiquik tablet
- Cefilab Tablet
- Mahacef Tablet
- Ceftas Tablet
- Milixim Tablet
- Cefix Tablet
- Lupicef O Tablet
Omnicef O FAQs:
- Does Omnicef O cure all types of infections?
Omnicef is useful in curing only bacterial infections. Infectious diseases caused due to parasites, fungus or virus will not respond to this drug.
- In which other form is Omnicef O available?
Omnicef is available in the form of liquid suspension, capsules and tablets. Tablets and capsules are swallowed whole with water. Suspension is used for pediatric patients or when patient is unable to swallow the tablet whole. However, suspension should be taken only with doctor's consent.
- How are Omnicef O tablets stored?
Omnicef tablets should be stored in air tight containers away from heat and light. They should not be exposed to extremes of temperature. Do not refrigerate the medicine.