Name: Carnitor 500mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 289.00
Unit Price: Rs. 27.50
Package Price: Rs. 275.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Carnitor?
Carnitor is a nutritional supplement that helps in maintaining normal levels of levocarnitine in the human body. The tablet helps in increasing the generation of levocarnitine, if human body is unable to maintain the required levels.
Composition of Carnitor:
The active ingredient of Carnitor tablet is Levocarnitine which maintains optimum levels of an amino acid derivative of the same name. Other inactive ingredients are also part of the tablet which help Levocarnitine to act.
What is Carnitor Used For?
Following health disturbances can be altered by regular usage of Carnitor tablet:
- Primary carnitine deficiency
- Muscle pain
- Constant feeling of drowsiness
- Lack of enough vital energy
- Reduced muscle tone
Carnitor tablet may be prescribed for disorders other than the ones mentioned above. The tablet should only be used if prescribed by a physician or a nutritionist (dietician).
Side Effects of Carnitor:
Abnormally elevated levels of even the most vital nutrients in the human body will lead to development of certain discomfort. Some side effects associated with excessive consumption of Carnitor are mentioned below:
- Swelling of body parts
- Altered digestion
- Painful contraction of muscles
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
These symptoms may also be experienced by those who take Carnitor tablet without significant medical indication.
Precautions for Carnitor Consumption:
Carnitor is a nutritional supplement and helps in maintaining normal levels of Levocarnitine. But it should be used judiciously to avoid any harmful side effects. Some important do's and dont's related to Carmitor usage are mentioned below:
- Drinking alcohol is not advisable for patients who are on a course of Carnitor, as this may cause excessive desire to sleep.
- Carnitor tablet should not be used by patients suffering from kidney failure or those who require dialysis.
- Patients who are on a course of Carnitor since a long time, should get their blood sugar levels checked on a regular basis.
- Women who are planning to conceive or are pregnant should inform their doctor before starting a course of Carnitor tablet.
- Carnitor tablet is not for consumption by small children, unless it has been advised by a pediatrician.
- Patients should keep a tab on consumption of potassium rich foods while they are using Carnitor tablet to avoid development of hyperkalemia.
These instructions are important in order to avoid harmful effects on health due to overuse of Carnitor tablet.
Given below are the names of other nutritional supplements which have similar composition and therapeutic action as Carnitor:
- Elkar Tablet
- Nucarnit Tablet
- Lencar Tablet
- Druvit Tablet
The above mentioned tablets can be used in place of Carnitor, but only on the advise of a physician or a nutritionist.
- What are the routes for consumption of Carnitor?
Carnitor is available in the form of tablets and oral solution, both of which are meant exclusively for oral consumption. Tablet should be swallowed whole without crushing or chewing it. Oral solution should be consumed directly or it may be taken with water.
- Can diabetic patients use Carnitor?
Sugar free oral solution of Carnitor has been developed specially for use by diabetic patients. It does not cause any harmful reaction and is completely safe for diabetics.