Name: Lioresal 10mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Novartis India Ltd
MRP: Rs. 100.38
Unit Price: Rs. 10.04
Package Price: Rs. 100.38 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Lioresal?
Lioresal is an anti-spasmodic drug which helps to relieve muscular and nervous pain. It acts by reducing muscle tone and helping the muscles to relax.
Composition of Lioresal:
The active therapeutic ingredient of Lioresal is Baclofen which has anti-spasmodic property. Baclofen acts through the medium of inactive ingredients which do not hamper the drug action.
What is Lioresal Used for?
The therapeutic indications for Lioresal are as follows:
- Severe muscle cramps
- Spinal disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Spasticity of muscles
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
Apart from this, Lioresal may also be prescribed for other disorders of the nerve and muscles. The medicine should be taken only when advised or prescribed by a doctor.
Side Effects of Lioresal:
Side effects of any drug develop when the drug is used wrongly or without any indications. Some of the side effects of Lioresal consumption have been mentioned below:
- Light headedness
- Sleep disturbances
- Lack of muscle strength
Apart from this, there might be other side effects developing due to Lioresal. Patients who experience any side effects of Lioresal should inform their doctor about the same.
Precautions for Lioresal Consumption:
Lioresal is a potent muscle relaxant and should be consumed with great caution. Some important things to be remembered by patients who are on a course of Lioresal are mentioned below:
- Alcohol tends to alter the effects of Lioresal, therefore both should not be consumed together.
- Patients who have tendency to develop low blood pressure should not consume this medicine.
- Pregnant women should not use this medicine to treat any spasmodic pain.
- Patients with cardiac disorders should not use Lioresal unless their doctor advises to do so.
- Patients with active infection should consult with their physician before using Lioresal.
- Anti-histamine preparations may interact with Lioresal and alter the action of both drugs.
Taking note of these important things helps in avoiding any undesirable effects of the drug.
Drugs with similar composition and therapeutic action can be used as substitutes for one another. Some of the drugs which can be used as a substitute for Lioresal have been listed below:
- Baclan Tablet
- Chinofen Tablet
- Joybac Tablet
- Riclofen Tablet
These tablets can be used in place of Lioresal only if the physician advises to change the medicine.
- Which disorders do not respond well to Lioresal?
Less severe incidents of cramps and spasms like menstrual colic, digestive colic, dental pain, should not be treated with Lioresal. Pain due to inflammation, compression of nerves etc. also does not respond to Lioresal.
- Is Lioresal safe for children?
Lioresal should not be given to pediatric patients for treatment of any kind of spasmodic pain. A pediatrician should be consulted immediately and treatment must be continued as per his/her advise.