Manufacturer: Serum Institute Of India Ltd
MRP: Rs. 175.00
Unit Price: Rs. 175.00
Package Price: Rs. 175.00 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: tube
Medicine Form: GM of gel
What is Crinone?
Crinone is a vaginal gel fulfilling the deficiency of natural progesterone available in the human body. It is used for treatment of various disorders related to the female reproductive system.
Composition of Crinone:
The active ingredient of Crinone is artificially synthesized Progesterone which is a naturally occurring hormone in the female body. The artificially administered hormone will fulfill the deficiency of naturally occurring Progesterone in the human body.
What is Crinone Used For?
Medical uses of Crinone are as follows:
- Menopausal complaints
- Female infertility
- Menstrual irregularity
- Progesterone deficiency
Apart from this, Crinone may be used in treatment of other hormonal disorders as well.
Side Effects of Crinone:
The use of Crinone is associated with development of certain side effects. They could develop due to over use, or wrong use of the drug, or due to hypersensitive constitution. Some side effects of the drug are given below:
- Altered digestive habits
- Abdominal bloating
- Dryness of vagina
- Reduced libido
- Vaginal infection
Apart from these, other side effects may also develop due to usage of Crinone. Patients should notify their doctor immediately if they develop any discomfort after using Crinone.
Precautions for Crinone Application:
Hormones are very important for normal functioning of human body. Care has to be taken when hormones are administered externally to avoid over dose. Therefore, certain precautions are to be undertaken by those who are on a course of Crinone:
- Crinone gel is meant for use by women only and is never prescribed to male patients. It could lead to hormonal imbalance and other disorders in men.
- Young girls who are below 18 should never use Crinone gel to treat any menstrual problem.
- Crinone is strictly to be avoided in women who are already pregnant, unless the gynecologist advises to do so.
- Since Crinone is to be applied inside the vagina, it is better to consult a gynecologist and take advise on the exact technique of applying the cream.
- Women are advised to discontinue Crinone for the duration of their menstrual period.
- It is inadvisable to indulge into sexual intercourse for some time after Crinone gel has been applied.
- A special applicator is provided to insert Crinone gel in the vagina. This applicator should be cleaned, dried and stored under hygienic conditions after using it every time.
All instructions regarding usage of Crinone gel should be followed completely in order to avoid any harmful drug reactions.
Given below is a list of medicines which resemble Crinone in therapeutic action and chemical composition:
- Naturogest Gel
- Susten Gel
- Gestone Gel
- Emprogest Gel
Either of the above mentioned medicines can be used in place of Crinone gel, but only after consulting with a gynecologist.
- What are the routes of administration of Crinone?
Crinone is to be introduced into the body via the vaginal route only. It should not be consumed orally as this could cause health complications.
- Is Crinone safe to be taken by breast feeding mothers?
Crinone should not be used by women who are breast feeding their babies, as this could lead to a change in the hormonal levels and may reduce the quantity of breast milk required by the infant.