Manufacturer: Abbott India Ltd
MRP: Rs. 131.00
Unit Price: Rs. 3.98
Package Price: Rs. 119.50 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: tube
Medicine Form: GM of cream
What is Lobate?
Lobate is a steroid based cream used to treat skin conditions that are associated with inflammatory response. The cream exerts its therapeutic effect by inhibiting the release of chemicals which are responsible for inflammation.
Composition of Lobate:
Clobetasol is the active ingredient of Lobate skin cream. It is a type of steroid which has a suppressant effect on inflammatory responses. Clobetasol acts via the medium of neutral ingredients which do not interfere with its therapeutic action.
What is Lobate Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Lobate are as follows:
- Allergic dermatitis
- Chronic dermatitis
- Lichen Planus
Other skin conditions which have not been mentioned here, can also be treated with Lobate. Lobate should not be used unless it has been prescribed by a dermatologist (skin specialist).
Side Effects of Lobate:
Since Lobate is a steroid based cream, it has tendency to produce side effects occasionally. These side effects may occur due to wrong use or over use of Lobate. They have been listed below:
- Dryness of skin
- Cracked and bleeding skin
- Redness of skin
- Painful swelling over skin
Other side effects apart from the ones mentioned above may be experienced by patients after using Lobate cream.
Precautions for Lobate Application:
Lobate is a steroid based cream and hence, should be used judiciously. Some of the important points to be considered while using Lobate cream are mentioned below:
- Lobate cream is indicated for use only when it has been prescribed by a dermatologist and not otherwise. The dose of this cream should be kept constant till any change is advised by a dermatologist.
- Lobate cream should not be used over injured or burnt skin as it can lead to uncomfortable skin symptoms.
- Being a steroid based medicine, the use of Lobate has to be stopped by tapering it off gradually and not suddenly.
- The cream should not be used in children below 12 years of age unless it has been prescribed by a pediatrician.
- The cream is meant for external application on skin only. It should not be swallowed or applied to any mucosa like the oral cavity, anal canal or vaginal canal.
Apart from the above mentioned points, patients may be advised other instructions as well. All these instructions need to be followed in order to avoid harmful effects of Lobate cream.
Other creams which resemble Lobate in chemical composition and therapeutic action can be used as alternatives to it. Some of these creams have been listed below:
- Zebet Cream
- Tuffclo Cream
- Lozivate Cream
Patients should not use these creams as substitutes to Lobate, unless a dermatologist has advised them to do so.
- Is Lobate safe during pregnancy?
Use of steroids during pregnancy should be monitored medically. Pregnant ladies should not use Lobate without discussing about it with their gynecologist first.
- Which dermatological conditions will not respond to Lobate cream?
Skin conditions like burns, skin cancer, bruises will not respond to Lobate and may require other medicines.