Manufacturer: Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 345.50
Unit Price: Rs. 345.50
Package Price: Rs. 345.50 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: packet
Medicine Form: granules
What is Monurol?
Monurol is a drug with anti-biotic properties and helps in treatment of multiple bacterial infections. The drug acts by breaking the cell wall of bacteria, thus killing them. This prevents further spread of infection.
Composition of Monurol:
Monurol is comprised of Fosfomycin Trometamol which is an active anti-bacterial agent. A neutral base which does not interact with the action of the therapeutic agent is used as a medium through which the drug acts.
What is Monurol Used for?
Monurol is a broad spectrum anti-biotic and shows its uses in the following conditions:
- Urinary tract infection
- Intestinal infection
- Bacillary dysentery
- Bacterial throat infection
The drug should be consumed only as per physician's advice. Even if a person has any of the above mentioned health conditions, Monurol should not be started without consulting with a doctor.
Side Effects of Monurol:
Being an anti-bacterial agent, wrong use of Monurol is likely to cause certain ill effects on the user's health. Some of the unpleasant effects associated with the drug are as follows:
- Digestive disturbances
- Skin rashes
If patients experience these or any other undesirable effects of Monurol, they should inform the physician immediately and seek prompt treatment. To avoid these side effects, Monurol should be consumed only when indicated and in the prescribed dose.
Precautions for Monurol Consumption:
As explained above, Monurol is a potent anti-bacterial agent which shows therapeutic action only when taken in a specific manner. There are a few points to be remembered regarding consumption of Monurol. They are as follows:
- Monurol should be consumed after eating adequate amount of nutritious food as this prevents development of gastrointestinal side effects of the drug.
- Monurol is not meant for pediatric use. Children suffering from bacterial infections should be given Monurol only if a pediatrician feels necessary.
- Patients who have an active kidney disorder or previous history of kidney dysfunction should not consume Monurol.
- Diabetic patients should consult with their doctor before consuming Monurol.
- Patients who take an overdose of Monurol are advised to consume extra quantities of water to flush the drug out of the body. A doctor must be consulted immediately.
- Pregnant and breast feeding women can consume Monurol without any side effects. But they are advised to consult a doctor before starting the medicine.
Following the precautions associated with consumption of any drug helps to prevent harmful effects on health and also maximizes the therapeutic effect of the drug. Therefore, patients who require Monurol therapy, should follow the above mentioned and any other instructions provided by their doctor.
Drugs which have similar chemical composition and therapeutic action can be used in place of each other. Some drugs that can be used as an alternative to Monurol are mentioned below:
- Fosfoe Sachet
- Fosirol Powder
- Novefos Powder
- Fosfocin Powder
- Fosforal Powder
It should be remembered that none of these drugs should be used in place of Monurol unless the physician advises to do so. This precaution is necessary to avoid undesirable effects on one's health.
- How is Monurol sachet used?
The entire content of one Monurol sachet should be mixed in half a cup of tap water and consumed directly by mouth after the powder dissolves. Cold or hot water is not advised for diluting the powder. Patients should not keep the mixture of powder and water standing for a long time as that will reduce the therapeutic effect.
- Does Monurol help in treating all infections?
Monurol is useful for treatment of some bacterial infections only. Viral or fungal infections do not respond to it.
- Can Monurol powder be used for local application over infected skin?
Monurol powder shows its therapeutic effect only when consumed orally in the form of a liquid solution. It should not be used for local application.