Name: Betadine 2% Solution
Manufacturer: Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 136.00
Unit Price: Rs. 136.00
Package Price: Rs. 136.00 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: Bottle
Medicine Form: Solution
What is Betadine Gargle Solution?
Betadine is an antiseptic solution used to get rid of any infection causing germs and create a sterile environment in various tissues of the human body. Betadine 2% is available as a form of medicinal gargling solution.
Composition of Betadine Gargle Solution:
The active component of Betadine is Povidone Iodine. It has properties to create an infection free environment by killing all disease causing micro-organisms. Povidone Iodine acts via medium of other neutral components of Betadine which do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Betadine Gargle Solution Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Betadine gargle solution are as follows:
- Bacterial laryngitis
- Swelling and infection of pharynx
- Preventive action against developing throat infection
Other throat conditions which have not been mentioned above may also respond to treatment with Betadine.
Side Effects of Betadine Gargle Solution:
Betadine gargle solution may cause patients to experience the following side effects:
- Dryness of throat and mouth
- Throat pain
- Burning in the mouth and throat
- Increased thirst
Patients should stop using Betadine for gargles if they start developing any side effects and a doctor should be informed immediately.
Precautions for Betadine Gargle Solution Consumption:
Patients who have been using Betadine gargle solution should follow some instructions in order to avoid harmful drug reaction. Some of these precautions are mentioned below:
- Betadine gargle solution is meant only for external use and should not be swallowed. Patients should spit out the solution after gargling is completed.
- Betadine gargle solution will not be helpful if it is used as an external application during skin infections. Different strength of solution will be needed to treat external skin affections.
- If Betadine gargle solution accidentally comes in contact with eyes, ample water should be used to wash the eyes.
- Betadine gargle solution is not meant for use in children under 10 years of age as they may tend to swallow the liquid by mistake.
- Patients who have been diagnosed of cancer of any organ situated in the throat should not use Betadine solution.
Other instructions that have not been mentioned above, may also be advised to patients who are using Betadine gargle solution.
Betadine Gargle Solution Alternatives:
Other gargle solutions which have similar chemical composition and medicinal action to Betadine may be used as its substitute. Some of these gargle solutions have been mentioned below:
- Wokadine Sore Throat Gargle
- Betakind Solution
- Povilin Gargle Mint
However, none of these solutions should be used by patients unless they have been prescribed by a physician.
Betadine Gargle Solution FAQs:
- Can Betadine Gargle Solution be used during ongoing dental treatment?
Betadine may be used safely for throat conditions while dental treatment is going on. However, if tooth extraction or root canal has been performed or the oral mucosa has suffered any injury during dental treatment, use of Betadine should be avoided.
- What are the contraindications for use of Betadine gargle solution?
Betadine gargle solution should not be used by patients who are recovering from a tracheostomy, laryngeal cancer, thyroid cancer, burn injuries to the inner throat , thyroid surgery etc.