Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 710.00
Unit Price: Rs. 47.33
Package Price: Rs. 710.00 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: tube
Medicine Form: GM of cream
What is Eflora?
Eflora is a depilatory skin cream. It exerts its therapeutic effect on hair roots and helps in removal of unwanted hair.
Composition of Eflora:
The active component of Eflora is Eflornithine, which acts via the medium of other neutral components of the cream (excipients). These excipients do not interfere with drug action of Eflora.
What is Eflora Used for?
Eflora cream is used to rid the body of unwanted hair. Its use may be done for cosmetic or medical purposes. Some indications of using Eflora cream are mentioned below:
- Enhancing one's appearance
- Removal of hair prior to any surgical procedure
Eflora may be used for purposes other than the ones mentioned above.
Side Effects of Eflora:
Eflora cream is known to cause the following side effects in some cases:
- Irritation and burning of skin
- Burning sensation
- Red and swollen skin
These symptoms may occur as allergic response to Eflora or due to over use of the cream. Use of Eflora must be stopped immediately if any side effects develop.
Precautions of Eflora Application:
Eflora is a depilatory cream and hence, should be used with caution. Some important restrictions associated with Eflora usage are mentioned below:
- Eflora is meant for use as an external application only and should not be swallowed or applied on any mucosa.
- Eflora cream is strictly prohibited for use in infants and small children.
- If Eflora cream accidentally comes in contact with oral mucosa or the eyes, it should be washed off immediately with ample amount of cold water.
- Eflora should preferably not be used to remove hair over the scalp.
- Patients who are using Eflora should not apply any cosmetic substance along with the cream.
- Skin should be washed and dried properly before Eflora cream is applied.
Apart from these, other precautions could also be advised to patients who are using Eflora cream. Following these precautions is the best way to avoid any harmful drug reactions.
Other skin creams having drug composition and therapeutic action similar to Eflora can be used as an alternative to it:
- Hinder Cream
- Elyn Cream
However, it is prohibited to use any of these drugs without a dermatologist’s prescription.
- Is Eflora safe during pregnancy?
Eflora is not known to cause any side effects during pregnancy, but it should be used after consulting with a gynecologist only.
- What are the contraindications for using Eflora cream?
Use of Eflora cream is strictly prohibited over injured, burnt, bruised or cut skin.