Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 143.00
Unit Price: Rs. 32.75
Package Price: Rs. 131.00 (Qty.: 4)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Duralast?
Duralast is a medicine which helps to curb the symptoms of premature ejaculation. This is a condition exclusive to the male gender, in which minimal sexual stimulation leads to ejaculation of spermatic fluid. The condition is responsible for development of anxiety, frustration and a dissatisfactory sexual life.
Composition of Duralast:
Duralast is chemically composed of Dapoxetine, which is a selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor (SSRI). The mode of action of Dapoxetine is by disallowing the reabsorption of serotonin too early. This allows to delay the timing of ejaculation, thus averting the problem completely.
What is Duralast Used for?
Duralast is used for treatment of premature ejaculation and is used exclusively in male patients. Patients who do not have this disorder should refrain from using the drug as it can have negative effects on health. Men who are above 60 years of age and teenage boys should strictly refrain from consuming this medicine.
Side Effects of Duralast:
Duralast is a drug which has capacity to alter serotonin levels. This makes it capable of having other effects as well on the human body. These effects may not always be for the best and can cause discomfort or ill health in many. It is good to be aware of the side effects of Duralast so that patients who consume it on regular basis can take better care of themselves.
- Lowered blood pressure
- Nervousness at the level of mind and body
- Reduced sexual drive
- Nausea and vomiting
These are the side effects commonly associated with Duralast. Patients taking Duralast should inform their doctor immediately if they are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Precaution for Duralast Consumption:
Duralast is consumed only by those patients who have been diagnosed with premature ejaculation. The drug should be consumed only with a doctor's prescription. Patients who are on this drug, are often given the following advice:
- Alcohol should not be taken by those who are on Duralast.
- The drug should be stopped if patient is experiencing any ill effects after consuming the drug, which may not be related to premature ejaculation.
- Certain anti-biotics and anti-fungal medicines hamper the action of Duralast. Therefore, if both medicines are required to be taken together, a doctor must be consulted.
- The doctor who prescribes Duralast should be made aware of patient's health history and also all the medicines the patient might be taking.
- The dosage of Duralast should not be altered without the doctor's permission and opinion.
- Patients who are undergoing psychiatric treatment should provide their doctor with a list of all psychiatric medication they are on.
Depending on every patient's health, they may be provided with different instructions by their doctor. It is important to abide by those instructions for best results of the drug.
Other drugs which have a chemical composition to similar to Duralast may be used as a substitute to the drug. However, patients should not change the medicine unless they are told to do so by their doctor. Some of the commonly used Duralast substitutes are mentioned below:
- Asenven Tablet
- Dapoxy Tablet
- Ejalong Tablet
- Prilyxet Tablet
- Viglast Tablet
- Dejac Tablet
- Is Duralast prescribed to women?
Duralast is exclusively for the use of male patients. Women should not consume this medicine as it may cause harmful effects on their health.
- Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed by patients who are on Duralast?
Duralast consumption does not require any special diet. However, the use of recreational drugs, tobacco and alcohol is strictly disallowed.
- What is the ideal dosage of Duralast?
The dosage of Duralast is decided by the doctor depending on the patient's health condition. However, the medicine should be taken only as much as required. It should be taken a few hours prior to sexual intercourse and must not be repeated more than once in 24 hours. If there are any changes in the dosage, they should be made only as per the doctor's advise.