Name: Pramipex 0.5mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 110.00
Unit Price: Rs. 11.00
Package Price: Rs. 110.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Pramipex?
Pramipex is a medicine which helps controlled and coordinated muscle movement by regulating the levels of Dopamine.
Composition of Pramipex:
The active ingredient of Pramipex is Pramipexole. This drug helps in regulating the levels of Dopamine in patients who are suffering from central nervous system dysfunction.
What is Pramipex Used For?
The therapeutic indication of Pramipex are as follows:
- Dopamine deficiency
- Restless leg syndrome
- Cerebellar tremors
Other neurological conditions which are not mentioned above, may also be treated with Pramipex. Patients are advised to take Pramipex only with the prescription of a neurologist.
Side Effects of Pramipex Consumption:
Pramipex can cause the following side effects if used in a wrong way or if used without any therapeutic indication. Some of these side effects have been mentioned below:
- Dizzy feeling
- Light headedness
- Excessive desire to sleep
- Nausea and vomiting
- Impulsive behavior
Other side effects not mentioned here may also be experienced by patients who are on Pramipex.
Precautions for Pramipex Consumption:
Pramipex is a potent nerve tonic and tends to have prominent side effects. Its usage is restricted by certain instructions which should be followed to avoid harmful drug effects. Some of these instructions are mentioned below:
- Pramipex should be consumed only if it has been prescribed by a neurologist and in the prescribed manner only.
- Patients who benefit from Pramipex should not stop the medicine in absence of symptoms. The course should be completed under a neurologist's guidance.
- Patients should avoid driving or doing any other task which requires mental concentration, immediately after consuming a dose of Pramipex.
- It is advisable to consume a dose of Pramipex before bedtime. This will help in avoiding any interruption of day to day chores due to sleepiness.
- Pramipex is not meant for consumption in small children. Children who suffer from neurological tremors should be treated as per a pediatrician's advise.
Following these instructions helps in eliminating any harmful effects the drug might have.
The below mentioned drugs have similar therapeutic effect and drug composition to Pramipex:
- Pexopram Tablet
- Prexol Tablet
- Pramirol Tablet
The above mentioned medicines may be used as substitutes to Pramipex, but only if a neurologist has prescribed them.
- What should be done if a dose of Pramipex is missed?
If a patient misses one dose of Pramipex, they should take it as soon as it is remembered. However, if patients remember about it at the time of the next dose, then the previous dose should be skipped. It is not advisable to take a double dose to compensate for the previously missed dose.
- Is Pramipex safe during pregnancy?
Use of Pramipex is contraindicated in pregnant women and breast feeding mothers as it could harm them and the baby.