Manufacturer: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MRP: Rs. 106.60
Unit Price: Rs. 6.47
Package Price: Rs. 97.00 (Qty.: 15)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Veloz?
Veloz is an oral antacid tablet which helps in curbing the formation of acid by cells of stomach lining. The medicine helps in curbing acid reflux and other symptoms associated with it.
Composition of Veloz:
The active ingredient of Veloz is Rabeprazole which is a proton pump inhibitor. It acts on the cells of stomach lining and prevents secretion of hydrochloric acid into the stomach. Rabeprazole acts via the medium of other components of Veloz which are neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Veloz Used For?
Therapeutic indications of Veloz are as follows:
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Gastric ulcers
Other digestive troubles associated with hyperacidity may also respond well to treatment with Veloz.
Side Effects of Veloz:
Patients who are using Veloz tablet regularly, may experience some side effects from the medicine. Some of these side effects have been mentioned below:
- Abdominal bloating
- Digestive troubles
- Disturbed stool habits
Other side effects may also be experienced by patients who are allergic to Rabeprazole. In order to avoid these unpleasant symptoms, patients should use Veloz only if it has been prescribed by a physician.
Precautions for Veloz Consumption:
Patients who are using Veloz regularly should follow some precautions in order to avoid harmful side effects of the drug. Some precautions are mentioned below:
- Veloz should be used only if it has been prescribed by a physician and as per the prescription only.
- Patients should inform their doctor about any other medicine they might be taking, before starting a course of Veloz.
- Veloz is not meant for usage in children below 15 years of age.
- Veloz should not be used in patients who have an active bleeding ulcer.
- It is advisable to take a dose of Veloz before bedtime to allow complete action of the medicine.
Apart from this, any other instructions provided to patients should be followed in order to avoid harmful drug effects.
Other oral antacids which have Rabeprazole as their active ingredient can be used as substitutes to Veloz. Some of these drugs have been mentioned below:
- Razo Tablet
- Rabipen Tablet
- Rabisec Tablet
Either of the above mentioned tablets may be used in place of Veloz; but only if the physician prescribes.
- Does Veloz have any drug interaction with other medicines?
Veloz is known to have a drug interaction with certain antibiotics, blood pressure medicines and oral contraceptive pills.
- When is the use of Veloz contraindicated?
The use of Veloz is contraindicated immediately before or after an abdominal surgery, endoscopy or any other procedure which involves accessing the digestive tract from outside.