Name: Xarelto 15mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 4060.00
Unit Price: Rs. 145.00
Package Price: Rs. 4060.00 (Qty.: 28)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto is an oral anti-coagulant medicine which helps in treating several health conditions occurring due to formation of blood clots. The medicine acts by suppressing the clotting mechanism, thus keeping blood in fluid form.
Composition of Xarelto:
The active component of Xarelto is Rivaroxaban which has anti-coagulant properties. Rivaroxaban acts via medium of other components of Xarelto which are neutral and do not interfere with the latter's therapeutic effect.
What is Xarelto Used for?
Therapeutic indications of Xarelto are given below:
- Cerebral stroke
- Myocardial infarction
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Suspected thrombosis following injury to blood vessels
- Post-procedure precaution after cardiac stent implant
Other therapeutic indications not mentioned above may also respond well to treatment with Xarelto.
Side Effects of Xarelto:
Xarelto tends to display following side effects in some cases:
- Bleeding tendency
- Bruises over skin
- Anemic tendency
- Feeling weak and tired most of the times
Other side effects not mentioned above may also develop after using Xarelto tablet.
Precautions for Xarelto Consumption:
Patients who are on a course of Xarelto should remember the following precautions:
- Xarelto is strictly to be avoided unless a cardiologist, physician or a hematologist has prescribed it.
- Xarelto should not be used by patients who have been diagnosed with hemophilia or any other bleeding disorder.
- Patients who have been diagnosed with blood cancer are strictly prohibited from using Xarelto.
- Patients who are on a course of Xarelto are required to undergo periodic tests to check for bleeding and clotting time of blood.
- Patients who are on a course of Xeralta should tend to the smallest of injuries promptly in order to avoid unnecessary blood loss.
Any other precautions advised to patients should be followed well till completion of a course of Xarelto.
Drugs which have similar therapeutic action and chemical composition to Xarelto can be used as its substitutes. One such drug has been listed below:
Ixarola can be used in place of Xarelto only if it is prescribed by a cardiologist, a physician or a hematologist.
- Is Xarelto safe during pregnancy?
Xarelto is contraindicated during pregnancy as it could lead to vaginal bleeding and resultant complications for the mother as well as baby.
- How soon after their symptoms have receded, can patients stop taking Xarelto?
A course of Xarelto should be tapered off gradually and not stopped suddenly. This precaution is necessary to eliminate the risk of blood clot formation which could cause further health complications.