Name: Voveran 100mg Tablet SR
Manufacturer: Novartis India Ltd
MRP: Rs. 123.31
Unit Price: Rs. 8.22
Package Price: Rs. 123.31 (Qty.: 15)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet sr
What is Voveran?
Voveran is an anti-inflammatory medicine which is used to treat swelling and pain associated with trauma. The medicine acts by inhibiting release of chemicals that are responsible for inflammatory response.
Composition of Voveran:
The active ingredient of Voveran is Diclofenac which has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It acts via the medium of inactive ingredients which are neutral and do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Voveran Used for?
Therapeutic indications of Voveran are as follows:
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Post-traumatic pain
- Post-surgical pain
- Tooth pain
Apart from the above mentioned indications, Voveran can be prescribed for other conditions as well.
Side Effects of Voveran:
Voveran is known to develop the following side effects in patients:
- Burning in the throat
- Bitter after taste in the mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
Patients may experience other side effects as well, depending on their individual sensitivity.
Precautions for Voveran Consumption:
Patients who are on a course of Voveran should follow some precautions in order to avoid harmful drug action. Some of these precautions are mentioned below:
- Patients should maintain the dosage of Voveran only as per physician's prescription. Overuse tends to cause unpleasant side effects, where as using less medicine than what has been prescribed will not yield adequate medicinal effects.
- Voveran is absolutely contraindicated for patients having chronic or acute gastrointestinal ulcer.
- Patients who are suffering from any bleeding disorder should not use Voveran before consulting with a physician.
- Use of Voveran is not advised to women who are in advanced stage of their pregnancy.
- Patients with tendency to hyperacidity, or inflammation of gastric lining must take Voveran with great precaution.
Use of Voveran should be limited to pain which is associated with inflammation. All kinds of pain may not essentially respond to Voveran.
Other drugs which have similar chemical composition and drug actions to Voveran can be used as a suitable alternative to it. Some of these drugs have been mentioned below:
- Divon Tablet
- Dicloflen Tablet
- Dicloact Tablet
- Oxalgin D Tablet
Either of these tablets may be prescribed by the physician in place of Voveran. But patients should remember not to take any of these medicines without a prescription.
- How can Voveran be used in patients who cannot consume the tablet orally?
Voveran gel is available which can be used as a local application when tablet cannot be taken. It should be applied over the affected joint or muscle by massaging it gently.
- Can Voveran be used in children?
Voveran is available in lower doses which may be used in children, but only after consulting with a pediatrician. If children cannot swallow tablets, Voveran gel may be used as a local application.