Manufacturer: Apple Therapeutics Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 154.00
Unit Price: Rs. 1.54
Package Price: Rs. 154.00 (Qty.: 100)
Package Form: Bottle
Medicine Form: Solution
What is Folica?
Folica hair solution is used for various disorders related to scalp hair. It acts on the hair follicles on scalp and promotes growth and maintenance of healthy hair.
Composition of Folica:
The active ingredients of Folica are as follows:
- Vitamin K
- Salicylic Acid
- Benzyl Nicotinate
They act via other neutral components of Folica that do not interfere with its therapeutic action.
What is Folica Used for?
The therapeutic indications of Folica have been mentioned below:
- Alopecia Areata
- Hair loss following debilitating diseases
- Hair loss after chemotherapy
- Loss of hair luster
- Loss of hair thickness
Patients may be prescribed Folica for other hair disorders which have not been mentioned above.
Side Effects of Folica:
Patients who use Follica on a regular basis may experience some side effects due to it. These side effects have been highlighted below:
- Irritation of scalp
- Redness and itching over the scalp
- Swelling of the area of scalp where Folica solution is applied
Other side effects apart from the ones mentioned above may also be experienced by patients. To avoid these side effects, patients should use Folica hair solution only when it is prescribed by a dermatologist and in the prescribed dosage only.
Precautions for Folica Application:
Patients who are on a course of Folica hair solution, should take note of the following things:
- Folica is meant for external application only and should not be swallowed or exposed to any mucus membranes.
- If Folica comes in contact with eyes, patients should wash their eyes using ample cold water. If any irritation persists in the eyes for a long time, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
- Folica should not be used for children below the age of 18 years.
- Female patients should consult with a dermatologist before using Folica solution to treat hairfall.
- Patients who are using Folica hair solution should avoid any cosmetic hair and scalp treatment like rebonding, curling, straightening, hair spa etc.
Following these instructions well, helps in enhancing the therapeutic effect of the drug and in avoiding any harmful drug effects.
Information about other drugs having similar therapeutic action and chemical composition to Folica is unavailable.
- Can Folica be used for repairing hairfall occurring during pregnancy?
Folica can be used in treatment of post-partum hairfall only if a gynecologist approves of its usage. This precaution should be followed since Folica may not suit female patients at times.
- What are the contraindications for application of Folica hair solution?
Folica should not be applied on burnt or injured skin, on acne, warts, areas of scalp that are infected. Care should be taken to avoid using Folica on the skin immediately after shaving.