Manufacturer: Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 100.00
Unit Price: Rs. 10.00
Package Price: Rs. 100.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Stablon?
Stablon is a psychotropic drug used to treat various psychiatric disorders associated with mood changes.
Composition of Stablon:
Each tablet of Stablon comprises of Tianeptine which is the active ingredient of the drug. It alters the disturbed chemical imbalance within the brain cells which helps to curb the psychiatric health condition. Some neutral ingredients which are also part of Stablon, act as a medium for Tianeptine to exert its therapeutic action.
What is Stablon Used For?
Stablon tablet is primarily used for the treatment of depression. It could also be indicated in other psychiatric disorders which are characterized by depression as one of the important symptom. The drug should be taken only if a physician or a psychiatrist has prescribed it.
Side Effects of Stablon:
Every drug tends to cause some side effects if there is an overdose or if the drug is taken without any indication. Some patients may be allergic to a particular component of the drug and may develop side effect to the drug. Some of the symptoms of discomfort caused by Stablon have been mentioned below:
- Involuntary muscle movements
- Alteration in sleep pattern
- Rash and itching due to allergic response to Stablon
These or some other side effects could develop due to consumption of Stablon. Patients should report any discomfort to their psychiatrist immediately in order to avoid health complications.
Precautions for Stablon Consumption:
Psychotropic drugs generally come with several instructions about the ideal way to use them. Given below are some important instructions regarding the usage of Stablon:
- Alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited for patients who are on a course of Stablon, as this could increase the side effects of the medicine.
- Stablon should not be used by patients suffering from depression unless it has been prescribed by a psychiatrist.
- The medicine is contraindicated for use in children below the age of 15 years.
- Any tasks requiring mental alertness and concentration; e.g. driving should be avoided just after a dose of Stablon has been taking.
- Patients who are undergoing dental treatment and require local anesthesia for the same should inform their psychiatrist before starting a course of Stablon.
- The dose of Stablon cannot be stopped abruptly. It has to be tapered and eventually stopped over a time span of 4 weeks.
Apart from the above mentioned points, other instructions could be provided to patients in order to avoid harmful drug reaction.
The medicines listed below are suitable alternatives for Stablon:
- Tynept Tablet
- Tiaptin Tablet
- Wells Tablet
These medicines have chemical composition and therapeutic action similar to Stablon.
- Is Stablon safe during pregnancy?
Stablon should be avoided by pregnant women and new mothers who are breast feeding their baby. It could be harmful for the growth and development of the baby.
- Which mental health disorders do not respond to Stablon?
More severe mental health disorders like psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders may not respond well to Stablon. The medicine may take care of depression associated with these conditions, but other more intensive medical treatment will be required for complete cure. The treatment should be decided only by a psychiatrist after thorough examination of the patient.