Name: Apetamin 2mg Syrup
Manufacturer: Tablets India Limited
MRP: Rs. 113.30
Unit Price: Rs. 0.52
Package Price: Rs. 103.30 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: bottle
Medicine Form: ML of syrup
What is Apetamin?
Apetamin is a drug which helps to control allergic reactions owing to its anti-histaminic properties. Allergic reactions include sneezing, redness, itching and watering of eyes, redness and itching of the skin, swelling of various body parts due to release of a substance called histamine. Apetamin helps to control these symptoms and provides relief to the patients from associated discomfort.
Composition of Apetamin:
The component of Apetamin having therapeutic property is Cyproheptadine. It has anti-histaminic properties and helps in curbing allergic reactions. Cyproheptadine acts via the medium of a neutral excipient which does not interfere with the medicinal effect of the drug.
What is Apetamin Used for?
Apetamin has the following therapeutic indications:
- Allergic conjunctivitis
- Allergic rhinitis
- Seasonal allergy to pollen and changing weather
- Allergic response to blood transfusion
- Perennial allergic disorders
- Food allergies
- Allergic response to inhalants like aerosol sprays, perfumes etc.
Apart from this, doctors may advise Apetamin syrup for other health disorders as well. The syrup should be consumed only if advised by a physician.
Side Effects of Apetamin:
Apetamin syrup acts on account of its anti-histaminic properties. But, if it is consumed without any medical indication, or if it is consumed wrongly, there could be some side effects of the drug. Some of these have been mentioned below:
- Lack of concentration while performing day to day tasks
- Allergic reaction to the drug could include itching, pruritis, swelling and redness of lips, etc.
- Dryness of mouth
Usually these side effects wear off in sometime; however, in some cases they might persist and increase progressively. In the second case, patients must contact their doctor immediately to seek medical attention.
Precautions for Apetamin Consumption:
Apetamin is a potent anti-histaminic and should be used with great caution. Certain points to be remembered by patients who need to consume Apetamin have been mentioned below:
- Apetamin should be consumed only if prescribed by a doctor. The syrup should be taken as per the prescription and overdose should be avoided.
- Patients should take care to stay away from alcohol throughout the duration during which they are using Apetamin.
- Dose of Apetamin syrup for children should be maintained only as per a pediatrician's advice.
- Patients who experience sleepiness as a side effect of Apetamin, should avoid driving vehicles or operating heavy machinery after taking the medicine.
- Apetamin may not be the best choice anti-histaminic drug, in case of patients suffering from kidney disorders.
- Patients should not consume a double dose of Apetamin, to compensate for a previously missed dose.
Sometimes, medicines with similar composition can be used in place of each other to treat health disorders. However, this can be done only under a physician's guidance. Few medicines which can be used in place of Apetamin have been mentioned below:
- Abitol Syrup
- Ciplactin Syrup
- Practin En Syrup
- Appodin G Syrup
- Cipron Syrup
- Tangridine Syrup
- Is Apetamin safe for pregnant women?
Women who are pregnant or breast feeding their baby should not take Apetamin syrup unless absolutely necessary. The syrup should be consumed only as per the physician's instructions.
- Is Apetamin used in injectable form?
Apetamin syrup is strictly meant for oral consumption. It should not be used in the form of an injection or as external application.