Manufacturer: Boehringer Ingelheim
MRP: Rs. 450.00
Unit Price: Rs. 45.00
Package Price: Rs. 450.00 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Trajenta?
Trajenta is a medicine known for its therapeutic effect on Diabetes. The medicine acts due to its ability to stimulate the pancreas appropriately.
Trajenta increases the release of Insulin and reduces the release of Glucagon. By doing so, the medicine ensures that blood sugar levels are maintained at a normal level in diabetics.
Composition of Trajenta:
Each 5 mg tablet of Trajenta is composed of 5 mg of linagliptin which is the active agent of this medicine. The tablet also has some inert agents which act as a medium through which linagliptin acts.
What is Trajenta Used for?
Trajenta is used for treatment of type II diabetes (Diabetes Mellitus) in adults of both genders. Pediatric patients being treated with Trajenta is not commonly heard of. Trajenta could also be used to treat diabetes which develops during pregnancy. The drug can be used all by itself or in combination with other drugs having anti-diabetic properties.
Side Effects of Trajenta:
Though Trajenta has a good therapeutic effect on diabetes and its complications, the drug is known to have some side effects. They manifest if the drug is not taken as prescribed or if the patients have a high sensitivity to the drug. Some of the side effects are enlisted below:
- Nasal inflammation
- Pharyngeal inflammation
Trajenta could have other side effects on the human body apart from the ones mentioned above. Patients should remember that any ill effects of the drug that are experienced should be informed to the physician at the earliest.
Precautions for Trajenta Consumption:
Trajenta should be consumed only on a doctor’s prescription. There are certain things to be remembered by patients who consume Trajenta regularly. They should be followed as they help to increase the therapeutic action of Trajenta and avoid harmful effects of it as well. Some of these things are :
- Trajenta should be taken along with food to ensure that blood sugar levels do not drop suddenly.
- Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited for patients who are regular users of Trajenta.
- Trajenta can be used in diabetic patients who cannot tolerate other diabetic medicines.
- The medicine will work better and faster if a healthy diet and a regular exercise regimen is followed with it.
- Patients who experience symptoms of low blood sugar after consuming Trajenta should avoid driving or doing any task that can endanger their life.
- Allergic reaction to the drug can manifest in the form of rash, itching, swelling of lips etc. Should this occur, the medicine should be discontinued and the doctor contacted immediately.
Apart from these, other instructions or precautions related to Trajent consumption could be advised to patients. It is mandatory to follow each of these instructions carefully. This will ensure better and a speedy recovery.
There are a few drugs which have a chemical composition similar to Trajenta. In case Trajenta is not suitable to the patient or if the doctor advises so, these drugs can be used as a substitute. Some such drugs have been mentioned below:
- Januvia Tablet
- Janumet Tablet
- Onglyza Tablet
- Prandin Tablet
Patients should not switch from Trajenta to any of the above medicines unless the doctor advises to do so.
- Is Trajenta safe for pregnant women?
Yes, Trajenta is safe to be consumed during pregnancy. It does not harm the mother or growing fetus in any manner.
- Does Trajenta have any harmful effects on the pancreas?
Overdose of Trajenta or consuming it in the wrong manner could lead to inflammation of the pancreas. This could have fatal effects if not controlled well in time.
- Can Trajenta be taken in place of Insulin?
Trajenta cannot replace insulin in the treatment of diabetes. The drug acts only if adequate insulin is being produced in the body. If no or very little insulin is made by the pancreas, insulin has to be administered externally.