Manufacturer: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
MRP: Rs. 117.21
Unit Price: Rs. 29.30
Package Price: Rs. 117.21 (Qty.: 4)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Edegra?
Edegra is an oral anti-hypertensive drug which helps in reducing blood pressure by helping blood vessels to dilate. Edegra acts on the muscles which control contraction and dilation of blood vessels.
Composition of Edegra:
The active component of Edegra is Sildenafil, which acts via the medium of other neutral components of the medicine.
What is Edegra Used For?
Therapeutic indications of Edegra are as follows:
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Erectile dysfunction
Other disorders not mentioned here may also be treated using Edegra tablet.
Side Effects of Edegra:
Edegra is a potent vasodilator and can lead to development of side effects in hypersensitive patients. Some of these side effects are mentioned below:
- Painful erections
- Tingling numbness
- Feeling weak
- Flushing of face and extremities
Patients may experience other side effects apart from the ones mentioned above. Edegra tablet should be stopped immediately if any side effects develop and prompt treatment should be sought.
Precautions of Edegra Consumption:
Edegra has a dilating effect on blood vessels and hence, should be taken cautiously. Some precautions which need to be exercised by patients who are on a course of Edegra are mentioned below:
- Edegra should be consumed only if it has been prescribed by a physician and in the prescribed quantity only.
- Timing of the dosage of Edegra should preferably be kept constant and it should be consumed after meals.
- Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers should not use Edegra to treat hypertension.
- Patients who have a history of any vascular disorders like varicose veins, aneurysms etc., should not use Edegra unless a physician has prescribed it.
- Patients with active lung infections should not use Edegra for treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
- Edegra should not be used by patients who have tendency to develop low blood pressure.
Apart from the above mentioned points, other instructions may also be provided to patients who are on a course of Edegra.
Given below is a list of medicines which have similar drug composition and therapeutic action to Edegra:
- Alsigra Tablet
- Exigra Tablet
- Omnigra Tablet
These drugs may be used in place of Edegra, but only if they have been prescribed by a physician.
- Are there any diet restrictions associated with Edegra consumption?
Patients who are on a course of Edegra, should strictly prohibit usage of tobacco in any form.
- In which health conditions is Edegra contraindicated?
Patients with kidney disorders, liver dysfunction, retinal damage, should strictly avoid using Edegra unless it is prescribed by a physician.